Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Input on some hunts you would like to see!! >

Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Old 12-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

Default RE: Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

Hardcore just have a few questions if you don't mind.
Are you planing on trying to sell these videos/hunts on film? Or are you going to share them on your website for everyone to see for free?
Also it sounds like you are trying make your hunting apart time/full timebusiness. Nothing wrong with that, if that is your dream, just keep itreal and have fun with it.
All of the above.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

I would like to see something for the beginner. all these hunt you watch on tv are for people that know a little about it. Show me some thing for the new hunters, i feel that a ot of new hunters watch these show and go to the woods expecting to see the size deer you see on tv and ad=re dissapointed and give up.....
Old 12-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it would be awesome if you did the hunts you mentioned. Also, I would enjoy seeing a whitetail hunt from start to finish. Private land would be cool as long as there are no fences. Show the hunt starting with scouting. Maybe take videos of you guys scouting and finding trails, or any other sign. Include trail cam photos and stuff like that. Then, pick a good spot and fling an arrow at a deer. Even it is just a doe, seeing the whole process would be really cool.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Public land hunts.

I couldn't care less about watching small game hunts.

Show the viewers WHY you place your stands/ground blinds where you do.

Don't just hunt, teach. That's what most shows lack. 25 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes of hunt, and its over. Teach us something on every episode whether is calling technique, stand placement, or bow tuning, but teach us something.

African hunts are something I always love to watch. Maybe its just because the game seems so exotic living where I do, but I can't get enough of watching hunts taking place in africa.

Don't act. Don't script anything. Show the bloopers. I like to know that the people I'm watching are just that, people. Show the misses, show the emotion, but act as little as possible.

If you make it big, remember where you came from. You were just like us at one point, don't be a Jackie Bushman. [:'(]
WH; you have the same ideas we do. There are a lot of people that do not know how to hang a stand, how to pick a stand location, how to field dress a deer, how to fletch an arrow, how to tell if their bow is timed, and the list goes on.
Don't worry, I would rather jump out of my treestand with no safety harnass than be like that last name highlighted in bold. I am very fortunatein that I have a lovely wife that is very photogenic and loves to bowhunt. I know what sells and people don't want to see two guys bowhunting; market is flooded with that and that is why we are going to be successful with this bowhunting career. I have done a lot of research with fellow hunters and I too am just tired of the boring same hunts on TV.I have a great imagination and know pretty well what will sell , what people want to see, and what they are sick of seeing. BTW, wait till you see our intro as wepull up with Primos bowslings over our shoulders sporting our bows at the intro riding our harley and we are dressed in camo.
Our trade name is protected and registered and we are finally a business.
Our 1st DVD is nearly completed. I like real hunters like you guys and gals as you live and breathe this stuff just like we do; that is why I want your input. Thanks!!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mbhutton

I would like to see something for the beginner. all these hunt you watch on tv are for people that know a little about it. Show me some thing for the new hunters, i feel that a ot of new hunters watch these show and go to the woods expecting to see the size deer you see on tv and ad=re dissapointed and give up.....
That is one of our main goals. Hunter's #'s are going down due to the high divorce rate; most of the time women get custody and the child just doesn't get a chance to learn to hunt, overall people not teaching their kids how to hunt, and negativety towards the hunting community by city people and antihunters. We want to show women that they too can bowhunt and take their kid out if Dad isn't in the scene or doesn't care to. We want to show couples that they can have a great marriage by bowhunting together. We want to show that a little woman from IA with a 45# bow can do anything when it comes to hunting that a man can do.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Night time bow hog hunt. I'll be happy to put you on the hogs. you have to be ready when the lights come on. What a blast!
That sounds like a blast!!! Lets' stick a feather in each other's hats with that idea!! Thank you for the invite!!! Let's see, now it's just finding the free time and money.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

anything but a show that highlights a bad shot ie..... blasting away at a running deer , frontal shots, quartering toward, or a plain old gut shot . these are some of the examples that i have seen on various shows on the mens channel in the last two weeks. and yes i have sent off quite a few emails expressing my displeasure with the shows
Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

So are you going to become a sponser here at HNI?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

So are you going to become a sponser here at HNI?
You bet; as soon as a Hardcorehunting with Don and Sarah forum is setup on the front page LOL. Seriously, once the business starts paying bills we would be glad to. BTW, Rick will you sponsor us?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:01 PM

WH; you have the same ideas we do.
Well, I've thought about trying my hand in it a time or two myself.

Good luck with it, I really hope you guys can get it off the ground.

Quick Reply: Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.