Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me get this land! >

Help me get this land!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me get this land!

Old 12-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Help me get this land!

So I'm helping my buddy track a doe he shot the other day. 3/4 of a mile later (long story for another thread), we come to a crossroad. The deer goes onto a piece of property that we have no idea who owns. A bunch of phone calls later and 12 different doors knocked on we finally find out who owns it.

We talk to her for a bit and she gives us permission to continue (cool). We ask if anyone else is hunting there that we should know about cause I'd rather not get shot or ruin someones hunt. She says nobody has hunts those woods [:-]. I didn't want to drop the bomb then and there because we had other issues to deal with at the moment, but the thought of new land immediately popped into my noggin.

So anyway we're plodding along trailing the doe. Thickets, swamps, pines, crop fields, swail, food, bed, funnels, ridges, etc.....
All I can say is.................

I dont' know how many deer we jumped/saw. Cant even count the rubs,beds, and scrapes. A little 400 acre piece of unhunted paradise.

Sooooooo I need toput together mygameplan on how to go about aquiring this little honey hole[8D]. Let's hear some of your best lines to use when approaching a landowner with potential to gain permission.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help me get this land!

Ma'am, when I was out on your land the other day I saw that some of your fences needed mending.......
Old 12-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Offer something in trade and don't expect to get something for nothing. It doesn't have to be money, but maybe she would like some of the meat, or help with something around her house. Just not acting like you should be entitled to the use of her land could go a long way. I'm not saying you would act that way, I am just saying... Good luck.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:10 AM

Old lady?? Older lonely people love company.(they love homemade pies, too)Go give her a 'thank you' for letting you track on her land. Butter her up a bit, grease the wheels if ya know what I'm sayin'(but not in that way)

Hey looky there, #500. and it only took over a year.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

In a month or so reintroduce yourself. Thank her for the access and let her know that you were successful in finding the deer. Tell her how beautiful her land is. Say you'd like to ask ask permission to bow hunt the land in return for some type of services such as cutting grass, painting, refinishing, etc.etc. Let her know you are willing to give something back for your permission to hunt there.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:19 AM

Start by re-introducing yourself. Then:
Ma'am I just dropped by to tell you Thank You for allowing us to track our deer on your land. We finally found her and now she is being processed. I was curious to know if you would like some of the meat? Also I couldn't help but notice how wonderful your land looks. I was wondering if there was anything I could do for you in exchange to hunt out here some. I will only be bow hunting so you don't have to worry about me having a gun on your land. I don't want to rush your decision so I will leave you my name and number, and if you think we might can work something out please give me a call.

Then before you leave tell her you look foward to hearing from her.

Wait a month or so, and stop back by if need be.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Take her to bingo night, get her all liquered up, fly her to vegas and marry her. Then turn around and divorce her and take half, or just this 400 acers.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Take her to bingo night, get her all liquered up, fly her to vegas and marry her. Then turn around and divorce her and take half, or just this 400 acers.

I was thinking the same thing pretty much.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Germ:

How about the advice from Joe Brooks? It's never NOT worked, for me. It's VERY sound. Rob/PA's got my book....or I'd type it out for you.

Start by getting an aerial map of the land, though. Maybe Germ'll post the rest.

Jeff
Old 12-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

This aint a gun in my pocket and Im sure glad to see you.

Quick Reply: Help me get this land!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.