Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Highlight of your season, so far..... >

Highlight of your season, so far.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Highlight of your season, so far.....

Old 12-12-2006, 05:47 PM

Default RE: Highlight of your season, so far.....

Well mine i have 2 actually.

just going hunting with my dad is always a highlight
and taking my first buck/ biggest with a bow. That there was the biggest highlight so far.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is without question, getting my Alberta 8pt (300lbs) with my bow and seeing my biggest buck ever, a massive B&C 10pt. Second is my NT Pa buck that I also got with my compound.I also shot adoe with my CB early on.Best season ever, by far!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stalking a 130" buck bedded with doe and an 8 yard shot! AWESOME!

Hangin' out with team Bro's before Doe's.. Germ's avatars.. Jeff's awesome season.. Rob's journals.. Mauser's leadership.. Brent & family.. the others still hunting..

Hunting with long time hunting chum Justin and his pa. Witnessing Justin's great year.. his pa's moose!

Taking out a first year hunter and showing him the ropes of deer hunting and humiliation.[:@]

Dr. Andy.. his continued chase for whitetail..

Only thing I missed this year is hunting with my girl, this our first year our schedule's just didn't work.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:15 PM

mine was pretty good, ive shot 2 does and a dandy 10-pointer, and ive passed up some big bucks because i didnt have another buck tag
Old 12-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Banned

Mine was witnessing my wife take her big 9 point this year with her bow and coming back to the canadian cabin to have her sitting there with a broken arrow with bear blood all over it.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Spike

Mine was seeing my older brother finally get a nice buck. He has missed on so many chances (missed, bad shot, not getting a shot, ect...) over the past few years it was nice seeing him get one.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine came very early in the season. I killed a 210# 10 pt. buck on Oct. 6, my best buck ever.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:06 PM

Oct 30 - 31.2006 My first 2 days ever of hunting on my own and let alone with a bow in the Mts of VA. First day I saw a mature doe with an atleast a 12pt buck trailing her with his head down. He stopped and sniffed at a scent bomb I had placed at 30 yds. He went broadside and I took a shot even though I was about to shake myself out of the tree. The shot sailed over his back and he took off after the doe not knowing what had just happened.

Second day I was up in a climber andshot a BB that I thought was a doe. He made it 3 steps and dropped. Those 4 blade Muzzy's sure do the job. It was my first kill ever and took me 3 hours to butcher. Kinda made me glad I didn't shoot the 12 pointer. I suppose he'll have to wait till next season.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Mine was the hunt that me and my daughter (piebaldoe) both harvested does in the same evening 5 minutes apart recovering both of them that same night.Just something about watching your children being successful at something you taught them and those unforgetable memories made year after year. I wouldn't trade that hunt for a trophy class 180" buck.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:32 PM

The highlight of my season is retreiving my pics from the trail camera at the end of the week to see what new deer, or regulars that are coming into my stand. I love it when I see the big ones coming in during the day and not at night.

Quick Reply: Highlight of your season, so far.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.