HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Highlight of your season, so far..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/169844-highlight-your-season-so-far.html)

GMMAT 12-12-2006 01:28 PM

Highlight of your season, so far.....

Mine's not what you think......

MY highlight was seeing a particular buck....the day after Thanksgiving. I injured this buck (clipped his leg) on 9/12 (I'll never forget it). When I saw him it made my whole season. He was fine! He is a magnificent deer.

I've had a wonderful year....but that topped everything, just seeing him alive and well.

Now....if my son can get one this week.....we'll talk again....lol.

Jeff

Hiawatha 12-12-2006 01:34 PM

RE: Highlight of your season, so far.....

One night at the farm during our elk hunt a bunch of my friends who do not hunt came over and bs'd with our elk crew all evening sittin out on some square bales by the barn on a warm august night. We tipped some pops, and told some stories, some of them might have even been true. In those 4 hours i don't think i have ever laughed so hard. We all tagged out yes but that night with the boys i will never forget. also the one fellas son took his first archery elk at 12 years old so that made the hunt for us as well. lol nice avitar sb

Germ 12-12-2006 01:35 PM

Being apart of you shooting 5 deer, and Rob shooting 1 because he to damn tight to spend 5 dollars!!

Being a member of Bro's Before Doe's team, what a bunch of great guys!!

hollywoodvx 12-12-2006 01:39 PM

Mine is kind of weird, but one morning I had touse the restroomso there I was and just as soon as I started I had a doe run right in front of me, about 15 yards. Then here came a small buck and then a bigger one behind him!! I had bow in hand but just couldn't get a shot, If you know what I mean!! One of those things that I will never forget.

burniegoeasily 12-12-2006 01:40 PM

Mine has sucked, so far. I have not had a chance to get out as much as normal. I have also seen very few deer. Ive seen tons of hogs, which is not a highlight. I have seen lots of yotes and bobcats, still not much for highlights. The above mentioned might be part of why I have not seen many deer.

TxStarr 12-12-2006 01:41 PM

Being there when my 9-year-old nephew got his first deer and when my husband shot the biggest deer he has ever killed (although I am a little jealous that he shot the deer instead of shooing him towards my stand!!).

GMMAT 12-12-2006 01:43 PM

Being there when my 9-year-old nephew got his first deer and when my husband shot the biggest deer he has ever killed
Wow! Good for you, too....for being there. Congratulations.

Jeff

SteveO KanevO 12-12-2006 01:45 PM

Actually I have two. Going hunting with my dad and taking my girlfriends cousin deer hunting for the first time and he killed 2 does on juvinille. Excellent season so far.

-SteveO

HuntinGUS 12-12-2006 01:46 PM

Being able to help my Dad "knee Replacement" hunt. I made him a ramp into his stand so he could get in it with his crutches.

and

My nephew killed his first buck.........Spike!

shed33 12-12-2006 01:58 PM

Having my brother in law Mattup for Thanksgiving and watching him hunt hard day after day and then being rewarded with his first everwhitetail buck kill. It was his third year up here.