Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pendulum sights ? >

pendulum sights ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pendulum sights ?

Old 12-12-2006, 07:51 AM

Default pendulum sights ?

I have been told that if you are having problems judging yardage from your stand, apendulumsight will help take the guess work out.
Is this true?? If so, up to how far?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pendulum sights ?

I had one of those and hated it. It would always get stuck.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

I switched to a pedulum sight this year, because I got tired of missing shots because of confusing my 3 pins in the heat of the moment. So I bought the cobra one and I love it, because I am terrable at guessing yardage, I sighted mine in at 20 yards from the ground like it says and itsDead accurateup to 25 yrdsand even at just below the stand, also I hunt in CT where it thick with laurel and you don't have a good chance of getting more than a 20 yard shot where I put my stands. but I am deffinatly pleased with it. and just put one on both of my kids bow and there shooting improved greatly, personally if you or anyone hunts thick area's where you will not get more than a 30 yd shot or so I highly recomend it.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:34 AM

Thanks CT. But how is it at say 30 yds from the stand?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one for years, the only reason I switched is cause my pin fell out of it aster I droped my bow. I shot a Savage QC Rangefinder. 0-35 yds just put the pin on it and shoot. That is with a 260 fps bow and up 20 ft. Never ever had a problem other than when the pin fell out and that was my own fault. After leage I will switch back.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Keller pendulum sight for awhile and hated it, the narrow window the pin rested in blocked out most of the deer by the time you got the peep sight and it lined up.It actually worked fairly well as far as accuracy goes but I didnt feel comfortable with it in low light conditions on deer.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:00 AM

Trophy Ridge Manits great sight I upgraded it from previous sight which was a savage pendulum. My manits is sighted in at 25 yard on the group deadly out to 35 yards.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:36 AM

When I started bow hunting two years ago my son recommended I get a pendulum and a wisker biscuit rest as I only hunt from a tree stand. I got my first deer with the bow this year, a 26 yard shot. I have enough to think about when that moment arrives, like making sure the deer doesn't hear my heartpounding as it tries to move up intomy throat! I don't know if I would remember which pin to use, so the pendulum works for me.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:41 AM

If you're having trouble judging distance, I wouldn't buy something to compensate for it, I'd work at getting better.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have duel stigmatisms, I have depth peception due to this. Got any more pointers!

ORIGINAL: il coyote

If you're having trouble judging distance, I wouldn't buy something to compensate for it, I'd work at getting better.

Quick Reply: pendulum sights ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.