Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One tough doe!

Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default One tough doe!

I went out Sunday afternoon with the intention of shooting a doe. After seeing a doe graze just out of range and having a spike and doe fawn walk by at 15 yards, I decided to lower my bow and leave even though it wasn't dark yet. About that time I here something coming behind me. It was a doe, and it was limping very badly. Seeingshe had been injured I decided to try to pull my bow back up and shoot her if possible. Amazingly I got the bow up and the rope untied without her seeing or hearing me. I could see she was dragging her right front leg, the bottom half of it appeared to be limp and her shoulder was darn near hitting the ground when she walked. Well, I was able to shoot her and she expired quickly. When I found her I checked out the leg a little closer and she was walking around going about her daily business with two inches of bone protruding from just above her leg joint. If I saw bone poking out of my arm I would pass out. When I came to I would look at it again and I would pass out again. I'm guessing it was done by a slug from the recent gun seasons. The bone was completely broke in two, the hide being the only thing holding the lower part of the leg. Man these animals are tough!

I feel like I did the animal a favor as I'm sure she would have died a slow painful death or been ate alive by a pack of coyotes. I'm attaching pictures, I hope the one showing the bone isn't to graphic.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Default RE: One tough doe!

That worked out for you and the doe, You got your doe and you put her out of the pain. Good Job
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good going man. A big mature doe at that. Props.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

wow! talk about a mature doe!! Major props
Old 12-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job! She looks BIG
Old 12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

She is a big doe CWS, great job, props from me too.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:55 PM

Nice job man. I'm sure you did her a favor. She would have suffered til the coyotes got her, and you took her pain away. It is amazing how strong they are. She looks like a pretty big doe, and has a really big head.Congrats again.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Lord that's a huge doe! Congrats.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, great big doe. That's good thatyou got her before some other animal did.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, her head is big. My wife went on and on about how long and pretty her eyelashes were.
She is definately one of the biggest does I've ever shot.

Quick Reply: One tough doe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.