Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Seated or Standing? >

Seated or Standing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Seated or Standing?

Old 12-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seated or Standing?

I can't use climbers, just lock-on stands, but I always shoot sitting. I stood the first couple of times, but didn't like the noise I made. I tried drawing and aiming my bow sitting and it seemed workable, so I tried a shot and it worked. I've killed my last 20 or so that way. Sometimes I hang my right leg off the side of the stand to make it easier.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Altough I don't use a climber , I can take a shot seated and standing it doesn't really matter to me.
If I see the deer coming in and I have time enough to stand then I'll get ready for a standing shot but if the deer are within twenty yards or closer then I'll remain seated and get ready to draw.
Practice is the key to making good shots seated or standing just remember to bend from your waste to get the right angel.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I stand immediately when I see a deer, specifically when I intend to shoot.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:58 AM

I've gotten busted enough times during both sweet spots of the day to learn my lesson for a liftetime. I stand up for the first and last 45 minutes of light.

happy hunting

Old 12-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always shoot standing. I don't think I would be able to do it seated because of the front bar, although I have never tried. I just feel alot more comfortable taking a standing shot, although I do practice a good bit from a seated position while at the pro-shop. One this for sure, when seated,the draw weight feels a lot heavier!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I practice from a standing position and always try to shoot while standing. Like Rob, I immediately stand when I see a deer that might become a target.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always try to shoot with seated if possible. I can limit my movement and remain somewhat secluded. I use ladder stands alot so it is easier. to shoot while seated.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

I stand...if its a morning hunt i take a seat and am able to get up without a problem...on an evening hunt, i will sit until the last hour of light, then stand the rest of the time.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

I stand.

I'm forced to stand in my climber because it has a rail. In a lock-on, I would take a seated shot if I had to.But, I stand up as soon as I see a deerif I won't be detected. I'm like at least one other person in this thread, I stand up during the first and last 45 minutes of daylight for sure.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

23 deer takin with the bow all while seated.

Quick Reply: Seated or Standing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.