Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spitfire exit pic- not for weak stomachs >

Spitfire exit pic- not for weak stomachs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spitfire exit pic- not for weak stomachs

Old 12-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Spitfire exit pic- not for weak stomachs

Pic of this year, spitfire exit wound. A customer made a slightly poor shot. We tracked it 100 yds. Softball size exit wound.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Spitfire exit pic- not for weak stomachs

WOW!!! That's crazy
Old 12-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

No way!! It had to have snagged the wound on a branch or whatever and tore the wound open. I shot one once something like that and found its stomach hanging off a limb 50 yds from where I shot the deer and found the deer 30 yds from that.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:17 PM
New Sheriff

Although I use spitfires, and will NEVER use anything else, and I do know that they make a tremendous exit hole, I have to agree that something extraordinary must have happened to that deer between the time it was shot to the time it died.

I don't doubt Big John, he knows his stuff.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:18 PM

Now that is a crazy exit wound, dang, I guess all those times you were helping me with my bow and talking about those spitfire's you knew what you were talking bout
Old 12-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that is a crazy exit wound,
I agree Buck- We didn't find any pieces of gut on the blood trail or hanging on branches. The blood trail was very poor, about 1 drop every 5 yards. We started tracking after 5 hours from hit. As you know, I have recommended spitfires to customers that have enough energy to use them successfully, and have never had a customer give up on them, or had one fail for any reason.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, if a blade is an 1 1/2 wide or what ever it cant make a bigger exit than it is. Think about it, come on. Obviously there was another circumstance involved.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:05 PM

WOW!
That is wierd.
I guy I hunt with this year shot a doe with a .270 an it made a hole like that. I dont know how, but it did.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

[:'(]thats pretty sick
haha
Old 12-10-2006, 04:13 PM

Wow!! I have seen rocket Mini-Blasters & Hammerheads blow parts of the intestines and whatever else it was out of the exit holes like that but not quite that much!! I did shoot a doe one year with a rocket Buckblaster (2 3/4" cut) that was slightly quartering towards me that my arrow exited pulling a bunch of stuff like that out with it.
Ishot a doe afew years back! The shot was at 40 yards and I had her broadside on her right side! When I released she turned completely around and the arrow hit her in the left hind quarter! This was with a rocket buckblaster! She ran about 45 yards and dropped and the arrow stayed in her. You could stick your fist in it! That was a huge hole at least I thought so for a broadhead! Sorry to babble on about this but the picture just reminded me of it!!

Quick Reply: Spitfire exit pic- not for weak stomachs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.