Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite Hunter? >

Favorite Hunter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Hunter?

Old 12-10-2006, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Favorite Hunter?

ive got to say Michael Wadell with Realtree
Old 12-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

The NUGE!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy watching Ted Jaycox... the man knows how to shut up and hunt while still producing a awesome hunt to watch........ I guess I have a pet peeve about bowhunting video's where the hunters talk in the stand non stop[:'(].
I also enjoy the Primos video's ... for some comic releaf and they just look like they are having to much fun.... and for not to obvious or cheesey renactmentsI enjoy watching theDrury Brothers Video's.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tiffany Lakoske with the "mute" button activated.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

captian nuge and mark and terry drury.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite hunters are my children, I'm looking forward to watching them for many years!

I also like my Dad, who has impressed me many times over with his persistent stalking capabilities.

My friend Carl, the old timerguy who smokes a pipe or cigar while hunting, and can get in closer than anyone I've ever seen. Even on new ground. "It helps me see the wind, plus I just like to smoke, aren't we supposed to be enjoying this?"
Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

As far as TV "personalities" go....I was happy to see someone else mentioned Brad Farris (Although many mentioned the Primos team).

I've watched his reaction after shots.....when most are making a mockery of what we do. He's respectful to the animals.....and I truly believe him when he speaks. I'v ewatched his hunts with his daughter......and I've seen the way the other Primos guys respect him. It's obvious.

He's got my respect.

Jeff
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 AM

Alex Rutledge, I met the guy at the deer and turkey expo last year. Hes a cool guy, hes pretty funny too.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 AM

My vote goes to Micheal Waddell and his crew .
Old 12-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can't say for sure - hard to get a barometer of what these guys are really like when the camera's not rolling, or they're not trying to sell something.

The more I learn about Teddy Roosevelt, the more I feel that he and I were two peas in a pod. A whale of an outdoorsman and a legendary conservationist. If I could model myself after one person, he'd be the guy.

Howard Hill is another guy who I'd have liked to shot the bull with - he wrote a fantastic book called "Hunting the Hard Way." It was in the 40's or 50's - and if you can ever get a copy - read it.

I've always gravitated toward the old-school trapping crowd. Those guys tend to have an immense understanding of nature, ecosystems, animal behavior, etc... My great grandpa trapped for a living, and that's where I cut my teeth-trapping coons and possums. You know guys like that the second you meet 'em. Obviously, by trade, these folks don't wind up being ESPN Outdoors celebrity-types. Just the slow-talking mountain folk who have spent more time chasing coon hounds,walking creek hollows and ridges, and sleeping in blowdownsthan Michael Waddell or Jackie Bushman ever will. Nameless, soft-spoken guys - and you know when you meet one. Those guys are trulymy favorite, but they're a dying breed.

Quick Reply: Favorite Hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.