Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

07' Gaurdian

Old 12-08-2006, 07:21 AM

Default 07' Gaurdian

Has anyone had the chance to shoot this bow or purchase it. Ive been waiting for a little while now and finally decided to E-Mail BowTech. The response I got was that orders are being shipped out, but I should call my dealer every day b/c the bows are leaving the shops as soon as they get them. I know they say it's the best bow out, is it as good as the Tribute? I know of the obvious things, no hand shock, no viberation, shorter brace, more kenetic energy.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 07' Gaurdian

Well, here's some comments from first-time shooters:

One of the guys that was testing the bow described it as: "Glide-Like".
It is very smooth with a much smaller valley than the regular binaries.
Still has the same solid wall.
I can't really compare the draw cycle to a smooth or speed mod as I own a '05 Allegiance which does not have mods.
The most impressive thing about the bow is the lack of shock & vibratioin.
I would describe the sound the bow makes to a kid's 20lb. recurve---honestly that is how quiet it is.
Very stable...
the bow is like a jazzed up version of my allegiance.
i am a big fan of the allegiance---which i personally think is the flagship bow of bowtech.
this bow is like the ferrari version of an allegiance....and i always thought the allegiance was the ferrari of bowtech.
[/align][/align]
Just went and shot the guardian at Donnies all I have to say is WOW. The draw was very smooth no noise and no vibration all i could hear is the arrow leaving the bow. It only took me two arrrows and i was nailing the X every time, the bow wasnt even set up for me. I think this bow will be my next hunting bow. I wish I never shot it.[/align]
[/align][/align]
I too was able to shoot this bow at Donnies over the weekend. All I can say is wow!! I can honestly say when looking at the first pictures of the bow posted here on AT, I was turned off by the look. When I walked in on Sat. morning and Donnie was setting it up, I was in shock. It looked great, and after I shot it. I'm sold, this thing is awesome, even with out a stabilizer. You can hold your hand completely open, execute the shot and it will just sit there. Even inside the range the arrow impacting the target is louder than the bow it self. For those of you turned off by the looks, find one and shoot it. I do believe your opinion will change!!!![/align]
[/align][/align]
I got to shoot a Guardian today at lunch and all I can say is.......WOW.....AMAZING!
[/align][/align]
The Guardian @ Donnies is a 70 pounder and an inch longer than my drawlength, but that baby can shoot. I origionally pulled it back @ 60#, but since I usually shoot around 50#, I asked if he would turn it down as far as he dared. I shot it @ 54#, I liked it. Previously Donnie had told me that when he had shot it at the factory there was no jump or vibe, as well as very little/no sound, I told him then that he was full of it.

I hate eating crow, but at the first shot I knew I was wrong. It just sat there at the shot, dead in my hands. The first thing I thought of was "****, I gotta tell Donnie he was right and I'll never hear the end of it". I shot it with and without the stabilizer and it felt the same, only the balance changed. Dean shot it after me and I watched that "Wild Thing" stabilizer like a hawk, only a slight twitch at the shot.......if I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it..........no recoil.

Saturday, we shot it @ 54#, 62#, & 67# and the only increased noise level was due to the arrow rest's tongue hitting the rubber bumper on the riser. Otherwise, the only sound was from the arrow hitting the bale.

Yesterday, while a couple of guys were shooting the Guardian, someone called from Ohio. Donnie's telling him how quiet/vibe free the bow is and to prove his point, he puts the phone next to the bow at the shot and then asks him what he heard. Just arrow hitting target, no bow noise, he said and then asked if Donnie had one on hand to sell him.

Each archer that I have personally watched shoot this bow has gotten a big ole sheepish grin on their face and immediately reached for another arrow.
[/align][/align]
Zero hand shock.

Never have I shot a bow that was slightly louder than a whisper.

Draw cycle less than fast mod Alligence, but Mathews shooters might notice a difference.

Impressive speed, 29"-70#-350 grain...311 on BC.

Stabilizer is a thing of the past

OK, I have been shopping, and I have shot every new 07 bow I can find, from every maker, and NOBODY can touch the Guardian. Much prettier in person.
[/align][/align]
I also shot one today at Bruce's Bow and Arrow in Lakeside today. I agree on everything this bow rocks!!!
[/align][/align]
I too shot one tonight, man are they amazing. Best bow i have ever put in my hands, you would not need to add anything to the bow besides a sight and a rest. I cant get over how hand shock, vibration, and noise dont exist with this bow.
[/align][/align]By the way, none of these persons was affiliated with Bowtech. I've never seen/read so many positive comments from the general public after actually shooting a new bow.[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 12-08-2006, 07:44 AM

If there's ever been a bow made my Bowtech that I want to shoot, it's the gaurdian....Hopefully someday I'll get to, but no dealers around me. Anyway, like Greg I've heard nothing but good about it.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been wanting a review on that thing, thanks Greg. I'm dieing to shoot this thing.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just left having supper and a great conversation with a great gentleman I met here on HNI over in Illinois. This guy has won state championships for like 10 of the past 12 years and has shot for companies like PSE and Hoyt... From talking to him and watching his excitement, I'm pretty sure he's about as fired up over getting his hands on a new Bowtech as he's been over a bow in a loooong time.

He'll be shooting the Commander all across the country for 3D due to its longer a-to-a, but for the same reasons listed above from everyone else. All his industry contacts are telling him the same thing I posted up above.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:20 PM

I can't wait!!! I shot that Tribute and absolutly loved it, so if the Gaurdian is better than the Tribute, I'll have one as soon as my dealer getsone. Thanks for all the info
Old 12-08-2006, 09:22 PM

yeah those 07 bowtechs are Hott in both ways
Old 12-08-2006, 09:23 PM

All the talk about this bow makes me want to shoot it even more. Sounds incredible.

Mobow, There is a Bowtech dealer in St. Clair.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

All the talk about this bow makes me want to shoot it even more. Sounds incredible.

Mobow, There is a Bowtech dealer in St. Clair.
Yes, but if I were caught in there, my shop owner would string me up by my.....well, you get the picture.....
Old 12-08-2006, 09:37 PM

Take the chance, Its worth it

Quick Reply: 07' Gaurdian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.