HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Buckle strap or Velcro? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/168794-buckle-strap-velcro.html)

RTA47 12-06-2006 01:22 PM

Buckle strap or Velcro?

Hay guys i have been shooting the same old scott release for about 11yrs now. The velcro strap is starting to get kinda worn out.
So i went to my archery shop here in town and a good friend of mine that works there was telling me instead of buying a new release just buy the strap but replace it witha buckle type release strap? The caliper it self is fine. What do you guys think?

*JB* 12-06-2006 01:40 PM

RE: Buckle strap or Velcro?

Go with a buckle for sure. I just bought a Scott with a velcro and hated it. Had to go spend another $75 forone with a buckle.

KodiakArcher 12-06-2006 01:45 PM

Buckle. Velcro has no place in the woods as far as I'm concerned, especially for hunting.

Black Frog 12-06-2006 01:56 PM

Buckle for sure.

There is no such thing as "quiet Velcro".

Not yet at least.....

RTA47 12-06-2006 01:57 PM

JB I would have done thhe same thing but when i bought it thats all they offered. I wish i had a chance to choose back then i would have done the samething you did. Thanks.
KodiakArcher.. I have always thought the same thing about the velcro with hunting. I never really like it for hunting but itwas just something i had gotton used toovertime.
Thanks for you comment guysi will change the velcro to a buckle.
Always helps to have a 2nd opion

gutshot 12-06-2006 02:05 PM

The thing that I like about having a buckle strap is that I know every time that I put it on the strap is tigthened to same place. When I had a Scott with velcro sometime it was tigther on my wrist then other times.

RTA47 12-06-2006 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

The thing that I like about having a buckle strap is that I know every time that I put it on the strap is tigthened to same place. When I had a Scott with velcro sometime it was tigther on my wrist then other times.
Gutshot thats the same thing i was told buy my friend at the archery shop.
That made more sence to me than anything, plus it`s not near as noisy putting on in the woods.
So i don`t see any reason not to change. Thanks bud!

PA Hardwoods 12-06-2006 02:32 PM

another vote for the buckle here. In fact I would reccomend getting 2 of them that way after shooting one all summer and getting it all sweated up and stinky, you can swap it out for the non sweated up one.

tikki234 12-06-2006 02:47 PM

Buckle would be the way to go and it is alot less noisy than the velcro. I had the same problem not to long ago, so I contacted Scott archery and one of their reps e-mailed info on purchasing directly from them. Also note that if you have a late model release( the older threaded rod style ) that you will need the buckle strap designed for that model. Let me know if you need the contacts e-mail or phone number .

RTA47 12-06-2006 02:57 PM

PA Hardwoods: note well taken.thanks
tikki234: Thanks for your help!
I will Pm you if i need that number. thanks again.