Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Enigma camo/design - my observations >

Enigma camo/design - my observations

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Enigma camo/design - my observations

Old 12-05-2006, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Enigma camo/design - my observations

HAZCON7[/align]
What would you do differently if you were designing your next set of enigma?
[/align]I've passed some comments on to Chuck about some things I'd like to see. I'm sure he will analyze what I want along with what others want and hopefully improve an already good product.
[/align]SBGobblers
I also love the fabric.....and most of the design features. I chose not to have the cargo pockets installed on my pants.....and I don't have the cargo pockets on my jacket. I like them MUCH better, this way (and I've worn both).
[/align]My electrian once talked me into putting a lot of ceiling lights into my house. His reason, "You don't have to use them/turn them on." I feel the same way about pockets. You don't have to use them, but it's nice if they're there when you need them. [/align][/align]jgbennett6
looks good but i've been "not noticed" in denim jeans and a flannel shirt....
[/align]I'm glad for you, but most of us don't feel that 'fortunate.' [/align]
[/align]
Old 12-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Dominant Buck

True story.......

The day Rob took those photos.......we got into the woods (Ok....let's be honest.....we were REALLY close to houses!) pretty early. I was sitting for a while.....and I looked to my right to see.........a bird perched on my arrow.

Now.....I've only been hunting 60-70 times or so (whitetails).....but it was the first day I wore my Enigma.....and the fist time that's ever happened to me. He was there for a bit......hopped down to my sight......noticed my eyes......and fluttered off.

I'm just sayin.......

Jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

First and foremost, Chuck's customer approach is nothing short of "Excellent". Here's a man that impressed me on day one of my internet order. After receiving my order, Chuck called my home and then my cell and we spoke a little--within a few days he had shipped his first order to Canada--a Blouse. Shortly after hesent me the Jacket and the pants---excellent service from a guy I've never met and dealt with before.
Added to this, he shipped me the clothing even before receiving my payment. Not many like him around anymore these days--the man is as decent as they can get!!!
The clothing--they're great--workmanship perfect--camo intriguing!!
Wether it's luck or coincidence, the first afternoon wearing the blouse I killed a nice doe. When the Jacket arrived I killed buck. Am I superstitious, 'yes' --I have a gut feeling I got the stuff from 'great gentleman'!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wondering, how does that wolfskin do moving through brush, noise wise? I've seen it in stores and thought it was nice but was wondering how quiet it is.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had that very same concern,the material has got to be absolutely quiet.While it is not as quiet as fleece,it is plenty quiet enough.The Grey Wolf woolens stuff once washed one time was incredibly quiet,I wouldn't wear it if it wasn't.I am really impressed with Wolfskin material!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

The "changes" I was speaking of were NOT related to the cargo pockets. I suggested Chuck add a grommet in the back for the hunters' tehter to pass thorugh. He's added that option. I also suggested (after standing in the rain for an hour and a half one day) that he change the collar to a 2 button, squared off version that wouldn't funnel rain in when it was turned up. I haven't heard back on that one.....but it's not in my hands, anymore. I also suggested an optional strap that would serve as a place to rest the cam/idler bottom wheel when standing with the bow in hand (to reduce fatigue in the bow arm). Still don't know if he'll add it.....but it's something I bet an individual could add.

The no pockets thing is a PERSONAL decision. That won't be an across the board change, at all. MOST people love the cargo pockets.

jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chuck, Chuck everybody knows Chuck. I'm really feeling small. I don't have any names to drop with the camo I wear, but then again I don't even know the name of the pattern/s.

2 things come to mind when I see that pattern and hear the name. The first is a couch we had in the 80's and the second is a line by Mr. Robert Duvall in the movie "The Great Santini"

Just kidding. Look forward to seeing it someday on clearance.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:07 PM

I'm glad to hear everyone is happy with their Enigma.

I decided to go with Predator this year because the two emailsI sent Chuck were never responded to. Season was getting close and I needed some new camo.

Maybe next year.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I'm glad to hear everyone is happy with their Enigma.

I decided to go with Predator this year because the two emailsI sent Chuck were never responded to. Season was getting close and I needed some new camo.

Maybe next year.
Chuck was busy running to airports.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd never judge someone for not returning an email. Email is the lowest form of communication. A phone call is much more personal, A mailed letter is even a step above email.

Anyway, could have been an overwhelming time, I do not know, plenty of things happen when dealing with puters, when in doubt, call. The numbers on the web page and he's a great guy to chat with. Would have solved the situation.

Quick Reply: Enigma camo/design - my observations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.