Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Eyeglasses fogging up >

Eyeglasses fogging up

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Eyeglasses fogging up

Old 12-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eyeglasses fogging up

I found it impossible to put my contacts in at 3am and refused to sleep in them.

Then something about being in the woods with all the different focal points screws with my vision horribly (with contacts.)

I stick to glasses these days but have been meaning to ask the same question.

Now freezing rain is another story but Lasik is sounding better and better to me - except for the price!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:37 PM

My glasses are usually so dirty i cant see anyway, but on the rare ocassion they are clean, i try to find something to work. a few years ago my uncle bought some Scope Dope for his riflescope and i put it on my glasses and it worked like a charm.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to always fog mine up when I had a mask on and saw a deer and started breathing heavily. I don't have that problem without a mask.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

I had Lasik a couple years back and loved it at first. Now my sight has fallen off to the point of needing glasses again...for distance vision. I prefer to wear contacts, but am out of them right now so I have the same problem with my glasses fogging up. I too need to find a solution, but have never thought about it when the time was right. I'm always in my stand when i remember it's a problem.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Spike

Rain x antifog works great. I drive a stockcar and use it on my helmet shield and glasses.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:38 PM

i have the same problem
Old 12-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best stuff for this problem is Parkers Pefect, hands down!!! I been using this stuff for 10years IT'S THE BEST.

Hatchet Jack
Old 12-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using a dry cloth anti-fog that is impregnated with a dry powder made by Nikon and sold through Lancaster archery.....and the cloths are reusable........it works extremely well and we use it on our scopes and binos and glasses for 3D competition and it works great during hunting season on my glasses...
Another good one you can even try at home is smear shaveing cream on your clean bathroom mirror in a cir cle in the center of the mirrorand then wipe off with a clean dry towel....... now run a hot shower at let the bathroom fog up the mirror....... look where you had applied the shaveing cream the mirror dosent fog upand it dosent streak.
Some solutions that I hope will help for those of us whom cant wear contacts or afford surgery.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:12 AM

might be best to get a pair of disposable contacts that you can use throughout the hunting season.I went out one season with my glasses and since then they stay in the case when hunting season comes around. I use the contacts.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Check out your local motorcycle dealers in your area. Most will sell some sort of anti fog cleaner or anti fog wax that you can try out. They sell it for helmets and goggles and on a motorcycle that stuff has to work

Quick Reply: Eyeglasses fogging up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.