Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Double Drop Tine Pics. >

Double Drop Tine Pics.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Double Drop Tine Pics.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Double Drop Tine Pics.

Hello all,
Here are a couple LOOOONG rang pics of the double drop tine buck I was talking about in the (12-01-06 8 Point) post. If you look close you can see the drop tines.. these pics look like crap B/C he was close to a half mile away & my camera skills SUCK! lol Anyway, here are a couple to look at till I can get some of him a little closer!?
Later, Phil B.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Double Drop Tine Pics.

Nice isn't he!? lol
Later, Phil B.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:14 AM
Typical Buck

first picture is too hard to make out,second is a little better,looks wide would be a shooter for anyone
Old 12-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Bartender

I will be down next weekend make sure my stand is ready, coffee by 4 am. OOPS i dont drink coffee make that
a diet rock star. Have the deer hauler ready by 7 am. All seriousness very nice buck good luck and let us know how you do.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck. Musn't be very nocturnal. Is he on some ground that you can't hunt?????
Old 12-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Site Buck Guru

OK, now that we've seen the pics of that wide monster, get closer and shoot that buck! I want to see close up shots of it!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, he's a monster. It must be nice to live in Ill with huge bucks behind every tree! LOL

Seroiusly, good luck with getting him!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Iowabob85,
At present he is. I'm looking into getting permission to hunt this property.

Most of the hunters in my area like to hunt their 5-20 acres of timber, I like to hunt thick fence lines & hedge rows for these big bucks. During the rut almost all of the big bucks move out into the open fields & fence lines & hedges, there they can see good in all directions, bedding with their backs to the wind & watch down wind for predators. The trick is getting into position & waiting for one to walk by following a hot doe.. this is were a GOOD ghilie suit works well! I hunt with a short (brush bow) recurve & can crawl down the fence/hedge & get into position & wait. And NO, it's not that simple!
This buck (12 point w/split brow tines) & one (I haven't got pics of yet) bigger also use this hedge to travel, bed & breed. Just a killer location that is over looked by most!? I just love showing the local hunter these pics & hearing them ask.. "Man, where are you seeing all of these big bucks?" lol
I have given a couple local hunters/friends pictures of the bucks they have harvested. It's kind of cool, & they just love having a pic of their deer on the hoof!
Later, Phil B.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Just thought I would add this.
It's an 11 point I killed hunting a hedge row, It was my first day out that year & I was only on stand for one & a half hours.
Later, Phil B.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

that's sweet. He looks like a monster to me.

Quick Reply: Double Drop Tine Pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.