Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New use for old harrow teeth. >

New use for old harrow teeth.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New use for old harrow teeth.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:07 AM

Default New use for old harrow teeth.

This year I made some climbing sticks out of old harrow teeth and 1inch square tubing much like that of a cattle gate. I first ran all the old teeth through the bench grinder wheel to shine them up and remove all the rust. I then cut the tubing into 4, 5 ft chunks. I then stagered the harrow teeth (flat side up) all the way up the chunks leaving the length of a hammer inbetween each tooth. I then tacked 2 large chain links at the top and at the bottom of each section for a ratchet strap to go around the tree and hook on the other side. I painted the sticks and straps camo. They work really well and are stable as heck. I have enough height to climb to 20ft so i put my stand at 18 which is ideal in my mind. I usually strap them onto my quad lengthwise and then remove and walk in with them. Not the lightest most convienent carrying things in the world i guess but it coud be worse. I have never used tree steps before but am intending to get some for next season for those harder to get to places. Not suggesting for people to go out and build this, need to be a pretty good welder to put falling on the line, i just wanted to share my little invention that made use of some scrap metal at the farm. [8D]
Old 12-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New use for old harrow teeth.

Pictures would be helpful.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7
Pictures would be helpful.
YaI know haz, sorry maybe i should have waited to post this as i am away 5 hours from home where the sticks are lol. I will definately get some up for you guys. Heading home in a week.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:50 PM

would likee to see'm what about some pictures dude!