Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 People KILL me!!! >

People KILL me!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

People KILL me!!!

Old 12-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default People KILL me!!!

Today I decided to go get one of my stands from another property, and move it to a different location. I get to the tree and it was gone, all that was left was a single step at the very very top. People like this really kill me. It was MY stand not my step dads not anyone elses the only stand I had, the one that I saved my money for. Theres nothing I can do now, but vent. Some HUNTERS!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: People KILL me!!!

I know how it feels, and it sucks! I had one stolen and it was cablelocked.[:@]
Old 12-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

Today I decided to go get one of my stands from another property, and move it to a different location. I get to the tree and it was gone, all that was left was a single step at the very very top. People like this really kill me. It was MY stand not my step dads not anyone elses the only stand I had, the one that I saved my money for. Theres nothing I can do now, but vent. Some HUNTERS!!!
Those are not hunters, they are thieves, scum sucking bottom feeeders who do not deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us!!!

I feel better
Old 12-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

If there one thing I hate? And that has got to be athieve[:@]
I had oneof my stand taken about 4yrs ago and my nephew stand was taken just two weeks ago.
You know i don`t remember folks back in the day taking treestands like they do now days?
Every once in a while you mite here of somebody stand being taken but not often.
I Used to leave my stand out pretty much all season and not ever think that anyone would take it!
WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH FOLKS NOWDAYS?[:'(]

Old 12-02-2006, 11:06 AM

What is really depressing is that these thefts are being carried out by other hunters. Who else would have any interest in or use for a treestand?

Caldoc
Old 12-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have less respect for some of our fellow "hunters/thieves" than I do for a burglar. I sit here without words, all but speechless.

C9, check with the landowner, make sure someone didn't turn it in because they didn't know whose it was. Or maybe he saw someone's vehicle or let someone hunt you didn't know about it and they found it and claimed it. For now, don't leave any stone unturned and I wish you luck.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

[:@]That really burns me . This kid worked and saved up for his only stand and some idiot steals it!

Matt you might want to consider a tree saddle next time. It's a cheap way to have multiple tree's to hunt. Nobody can steal your stand that way since you wear it in and out of the woods each time. I have about 8 trees set up with nothing but tree steps in them. Nobody can hunt the tree when I'm not there and I don't have to carry a climber on my back every time I hunt. Just a suggestion. PM me if you have questions.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:01 PM

Boy do I know the feeling!!! I had my ladder stand stolen last year. A big a** steel ladder stand!! On private land!! Thats whyI went with a climber this year. I bring in with me and take it out with me.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

rob i thought the same thing, i called the landowner and no dice, he was as mad as i was about it because hes really "anal" about other people being on his land. As we were comming out of the woods, there was an old man driving by and he stopped and we talked to him for about an hour or so. He lives across the road and keeps an eye on the bordering property and saw us and drove down to make sure we werent on the bordering prperty. He said he saw a truck in there a little over a week ago and it happend to be a guy who is noted for being a thief. He didnt have permission or anything. I disliked this gy before because of stories ive heard but now i really dont like him, but theres nothing i can do about it.It was cable locked on too. He left a step at the very top that i used to hang my pack or bow on is all that was left.

Just to give you an idea of how good of a guy this is heres a story from last year. Theres this kid about a year or two older than myself (15) and last year during rifle season he gut shot a monsterous buck about 300 yds away from where my stand was stolen from. They looked for it all day until it got too late. They marked their spot, which turned out to be 75yds from the deer. Well Josh (the kids name) was out there at daylight trailing again. He sees this guy waliking across the feild and Josh goes and confronts him why he was on the land because no one likes him, and no one lets him hunt. He says Im going to get my d*** deer. Josh said what deer, he said the deer i just shot, josh had been there since before daylight and never heard a shot. He walks down to the creek with the guy and they got there and if josh's deer wasnt laying there. Josh gets excited and says thanks man thats my deer, ive been looking for him all yesterday and last night. The guy looks at him and says thats my deer, what are you talking about? The deer was dead stiff and only had 1 shot in him, which was in the gut. Josh said no its not Jack I shot that deer yesterday morning. In the end the deer went with the guy and is on his wall right now. Not to mention tht would have been Josh's first deer, and it was a monster buck. So its not the first time this guy has stolen from a kid. Now im out a treestand, I really want to just get a climber. If any of you guys have a climber youre willing to sell for next to nothing PM me. Thanks for letting me vent guys!!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Spike

Cougars...man i feel your pain dude....i personally hung numerous "hang ons" that i frequent thru our 3 month season here...only to return thru the year to see TWO of my hang ons stolen...lifes a beeeeyotch but nothin sez i luv ya life a stolen stand....( I am still workin on a tazer system to SHOCK the heck outta whoever doesnt have the key for my stand) but alas that a "future" project..
Sprocky

Quick Reply: People KILL me!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.