Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote. >

Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would have no problem driving there
95.96%
No, I'm not leaving town
4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 AM

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

Would the gravel bother you Campo?
Not at all.
Heck, both archery shops I go to are located at least 500 yards off the road...and you cant really see either from the road, though there are BIG signs.
Good luck
Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 PM

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Thanks to everyone that voted,and gave me their comments.
I could use a few more votes,either way to make this a little more convincing?

Come on, help a guy out!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have no problem with driving down a gravel road. Most hunters I know wouldn't have a problem with it. You may have a problem with hunters wives or friends looking to do some gift shopping. Will you do internet sales? Good luck with your endeavor!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

IT would be agreat location! Gravel? Why would gravel bother, we are HUNTERS thats our yellow brick road! Outdoor shoots, large indoor range, that would be hard to find anywhere, and not having to worry about non or anti hunters seeing all the deer rollin in, awesome. I think I would even drive down to check it out once it is up and runnin, not that I would have far to go.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buel,

I couldn't vote because it would depend. Are the prices going to be good? What is the atmosphere like? etc. etc. You should take opinions in here with a grain of salt given that most here are diehards. You have to figure that a lot of your business is the jerk who picks his bow up three days before opening bow and decides that this is the year he needs new sights, string, loop etc... Unfortunetly.

If you PM me the Zip Code for the location that you looking to put your business I should be able to provide you with a demographic/income profile of the area in concentric circles out as far as you'd like to see them. I'd recommend out to about 25 miles in increments of 5 miles.

It might take me a few days to get back to you though.

Tom
Old 12-01-2006, 06:43 PM

The shop that I go to, when I feel like dealing with the jack asses who work there, sounds about like what you've described.

If it weren't for the ridiculous range/membership fees I'm sure our shop would have more business.

They want like $400 for a year long single person membership, $700 for a two person "family" plan. [:'(]
Old 12-01-2006, 06:46 PM

I am somewhat faced with that type of problem. There is not a decent bow shop in my town. In fact there is only one, and he does not have much inventory or skill. I would drive the 37 miles to the next town, nice inventory and such, but the owner is an A.H. I mean a major A.H. He does a good business though, because he has a monopoly. But I know a lot of people who will not go there either.

I say go for it.

God Bless

Old 12-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Range membership fees? Holy cow, at the archery shop here in town, it is a $1 bill for the whole night, it might be based on the fact that the guy who owns it gets alot of his stuff free, he is on the Primos Pro Staff or whatever, Rick Adams from Algona, IA is the guy, so he is pretty fair on prices and helpin you out, $10 for an hour of bench time, cheaper than Cabela's prices and stuff like that.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

The shop where I bought my bow gives me free range time for as long as I'm shooting that bow. Guess where I'm buying my next one.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My closest shop is about 20 miles from my house. I have been there once and will never step foot in it again. The other is about 35 miles from me, I only go there if I don't feel like driving to the other (and better) shop 50 miles away.

What a guy will do for a good shop. I have to thought about opening up one around me, since the 2 surrounding the area are not that great, and got alot of complaints from the owners.

Quick Reply: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.