Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is hunting a ranch really hunting? >

is hunting a ranch really hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is hunting a ranch really hunting?

Old 11-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default is hunting a ranch really hunting?

Now, I understand that this is some peoples livelyhood,but is it really much of a challenge? Teddy roosevelt,the founder of the boon and crocket club wouldnt shoot that bear that was tied to a tree[:'(]and people ripped him for it and thats where the teddy bear came from.I may have shot the people that tied him to the tree (not really-jk of course) The question here is - Is paying a ranch 1500$ to go shoot one of many 180-190 class deer that are cooped up in a 300 acre ranch to be considered hunting?
Old 11-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: is hunting a ranch really hunting?

If you're asking me to answer IS IT HUNTING? I can't answer that.

If you're asking my OPINION......my OPINION is that much of what we see on TV is........"Shopping".

Jeff

(Do you want THAT one? NO....I want THAT one. OK.....he's yours. GREAT HUNT!)
Old 11-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've said this before you can't tell if a guy's a hunter by the racks on his wall.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

I've said this before you can't tell if a guy's a hunter by the racks on his wall.
New bumper sticker!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting deer behind a high fence is not hunting. I do not care if the ranch is 1-Acre or 1-Million acres. High fench killing is not a sport.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wolf Killer,
I'd say that it is a "sport". An ugly one that should be done away with, but I think it would be moreof a sport for people who can't do it elsewhere, and the terms sport I think fits better than hunt.

A sport that sick failures would play, if you will.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like that term of Shopping, that was a good one. I don't believe in paying someone any money to shoot something I can shoot somewhere else for free (-) the tag cost. I will never do it. Now paying a guide in Alaska to take you around on public land would be ok though. I probably still wouldn't pay anyone and do it myself, if it is allowed.

I would rather hunt public land or a landowner that does not charge and not ever see anything than pay someone for the right to hunt on property.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:18 PM

Is paying a ranch 1500$ to go shoot one of many 180-190 class deer that are cooped up in a 300 acre ranch to be considered hunting?
Thats not cooped up really and you wont' buy a buck that size for $1500....... but to answer your question, no , its not hunting, its simply killing livestock, not unlike shooting farmer Brown's cattle.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:35 PM

I don't think it's hunting at all if the deer are confined in anyway
Old 11-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think that shooting deer enclosed in a high fence is hunting at all. Some people just have more money then they know what to do with and dont have the dedication of hunting free chase...

Quick Reply: is hunting a ranch really hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.