Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sons first deer

Old 11-20-2002, 10:16 PM
brt

Default sons first deer

I had the awesome pleasure of being in the stand when my 12 yr old son took his first deer ever. It was an unforgetable moment that i will never forget seeing him pumped after taking this first deer. He made dad very proud. He thanked me with a big hug after he made the
perfect double lung shot that put this 11 point 20inch inside spread buck down in its very spot he was standing. He also thanked me for getting him out of bed that morning, because he said he didnt want to go on morning hunts because it was to cold in the mornings. Guess what the next morning i didnt have to say lets go in the morning the next day he asked me to. I told him that was a something goo and bad about this 11pt he took. I said the good thing is that this was a great buck to have take for your first deer. Then i said the bad thing about taking a buck as a first kill is that most hunters including myself have never kill a deer this nice and you may spend the rest of your life trying to get on just as nice. But it will be fun trying to beat this one! Another kid hooked on the outdoors!

Going to get him a mount on this one! Have fun oudoors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:20 PM

Default RE: sons first deer

COOL! Can't wait to see some pics. Tell him congratulations from me and that he's already done something at 12 that I haven't done at 42.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:28 PM

Congrats to your son, and what a moment for a life time for you.

aka MALENURSE, aka Cajun67
Aim hard, aim harder!!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:43 PM

congrats!!! i cannot wait to get my son out there with a wepon in hand.

Old 11-21-2002, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure both of you were proud!Post some hero shots when you can.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man what a hunt you have to be pumped also congrats to you and your son. Any Pics?
Old 11-21-2002, 05:08 AM

congrats to you and your son I cant wait to get my oldest out there she went with me last year and she loved it we saw 10 deer but none close enough going to see if she wants to try muzzel loading for the special childs muzzel loading season next year

good luck and God bless
Old 11-21-2002, 05:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2002, 05:38 AM

Wow that an incredible story. Congratulations to your son and most of all his farther for making his hunt possible. AWESOME
Old 11-21-2002, 05:58 AM

Great job and to you too for taking the time to put him in the woods

Quick Reply: sons first deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.