HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Would you guys shoot fighting bucks? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/166331-would-you-guys-shoot-fighting-bucks.html)

Finch 11-21-2006 08:46 PM

Would you guys shoot fighting bucks?

I thought of an interesting question while sitting on stand yesterday evening.

Say you're cozy in your stand/blind and and two buckscome in the area. They obviously don't like each other and lock up. Just to throw this into the mix, they are two of the biggest bucks you have come across in your hunting career. Before the bucks move out of range:

-you take the shot at one, and they become free. You retrieve your buck and all is well.

-or, you shoot and they do not unlock. You then have one dead deer attached to a live one.

Would you even take the chance and put yourself in this situation?

This isn't all that far-fetched. It could happen. [&:]

mobow 11-21-2006 08:54 PM

RE: Would you guys shoot fighting bucks?

Rifle season is over here in MO, so I can kill 2 bucks w/ archery equipment....both on the same day. I'm shooting, and just to be really, really greedy....I'm hopin for both. :D\

Actually, I seriously doubt I would shoot. I mean, think about it....2 bucks are going at it, do you think I would really get a good shot at one?? They are always moving....

Tribal 11-21-2006 08:58 PM

If I have a shot? I mean a real shot maybe with one standing after running off the other heck yeah. Hopefully its the bigger antlered one that is standing.:D

walters444hunt 11-21-2006 09:16 PM

IF I WATCHED THE FIGHT I COULD TELL POSISSIBLE WHO WAS WINING AND IF I HAD A SHOT I WOULD TRY FOR THE ONE WHO WAS LOSING FOR 2 REASONS THE WINING BUCKS DESERVE TO WALK AND THE LOSING BUCK MUST BE A GOOD SHOOTER OR HE WOULDNT BE TRYING TO BE DOMINENT

TurkeyT 11-21-2006 09:32 PM

I'd wait and watch the big boy will be standing his ground as other runs off. If not I'd play the waiting game.

RDHunter 11-21-2006 09:45 PM

If I was sure that I could get a good shotat one , yea I would take the shot and if I was lucky to get a second shotat the other I'd shoot at that one too.

Finch 11-21-2006 09:52 PM

I guess I forgot that some of you guys are allowed two-a-day.[:'(]

SRBowman 11-21-2006 09:55 PM

absolutley i would shoot! Only if I was presenterd a good shot though.

JimmyMo32 11-21-2006 09:58 PM

without a doubt i would shoot

davidmil 11-21-2006 10:02 PM

Probably would in a heart beat, depending on the deer.