Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question for you... >

question for you...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question for you...

Old 11-19-2006, 08:30 PM

Default question for you...

So the new 2007 bows are out and I'm strongly considering an upgrade from the 2000 reflex that got me started in bowhunting.

But I have a question...

It seems as if each new year's lineup has something new and innovative on that brand's bow. Each year is supposed to top last years model to a material/significant degree and make last years bowobsolete to the point where you'll ditch your old bow and pick up the latest and greatest.My question is this...what is left to tweak on a bow?? I mean, what technology or design is left to make me buy a brand new bow this year but then buy a brand new one say next year or even a few years from nowwhen "the earthshattering new bow" comes out?

Thefundamental design/conceptis the same as it was say 150 years ago when the Indians were killing their supper with a stick and a string.

I saw the new bowtech bowsandaestheically they look pretty extreme. Evidently the parallel limb design is the new thing which appears to be pretty solid. Butare we looking at rocket propelled arrows soon or what?I mean in say 2010 will we have bows that shoot the speed of light with100% letoff and zero sound?

How much "innovation" is left???

Old 11-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question for you...

They already have rocket propelled arrows, have'nt you seen Rambo? Get with the times man.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Spike

It is just like buying a new truck, That 94 F150 will still get you to the store just the same as a brand new one. It just depends how you want to go. Getting a new bow is fun and exciting, but it will still kill deer the same way your old one did.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:49 PM

year to year, not going to see That much difference MOST of the time. if oyur using a 2000 bow, ill be willing to bet a 2007 has some major improvements, especially in the noise and speed department. IMHO. rocket arrows and 100% lett off is a bit extreme, but i dont hink innovation on speed will ever stop, just keep creeping faster and faster. noise cant get much quieter than these new bows, and let off is already unbelievable. i agree somewhat though, these bows sure are awesome.