Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 And so it begins. >

And so it begins.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

And so it begins.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: And so it begins.

Alrighty Dan, let's get it done. We'll be waiting for pics.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:19 PM

Dan

Whats up with that shed. Looks like a brush-hog got hold of it.

You sure have a great spot it seems from all the other pics I've seen of your hunting area. That big guy will stroll by before too long. Good Luck!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:21 PM

Duc, you know I don't know.

I can't tell if he snapped two of his tines off fighting or if critters got ahold of it and chowed down a bit. The two that are busted look almost polished, so it only makes sense that he busted them off fighting, and then sort of polished them up making more rubs.

Not only does it have those two tines busted off, but its got a split brow tine as well, which really isn't clear in that picture. I'd love to see this guy this year.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:51 PM

Well, it wasn't as slow as yesterday, but I'm still not seeing any rut action on my side of the woods.

Sat the same stand as yesterday and had a small spike and two does filter through.

Not as exciting as I was hoping for, but its all good, I'm in the woods. One of the does decided to browse directly beneath my tree, so I snapped a picture for you guys.

Around noon I hung a stand where I found all the fresh buck sign and the shed yesterday. I'll hunt that tomorrow morning and hope that I see something before its time to come home for turkey.

The doe.

Got bored and took a couple random pictures. The neat thing is that it wasn't dark outside, the flash just blackened the background.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool pics Dan. Good luck in the AM. I will be out all day tomorrow looking for my second buck. I saw a little 6pt tonight and let him walk since the freezer has plenty of meat from the doe and spike I got so far. Maybe later in the year I would drop him. I won't do the big meal deal until Friday. My bro in law is a firefighter and will be at the station tomorrow so our family deal is a day late. I have the woods to myself tomorrow PM. I look forward to the pics of your buck! As I recall my prediction in your poll was for a nice 8pt on Friday just after sun up!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:23 PM

Good luck, keep us posted!
Old 11-23-2006, 06:57 PM

Found out why the deer haven't been hitting my stand lately. Someone put up another stand about 75 yards away. Not only did they hang a stand but they also dropped off two bails of hay and what looks like 100lbs of corn.

Time to shift gears, move a stand or two, shake things up a bit.

Snowed a bit today, which is good.

The bucks are chasing does, so its only a matter of being in the right place at the right time now.

Enjoy the pictures, folks.

The view from the stand I mentioned yesterday.

Yeah, its as cold as it looks.

Just a cool picture, I think. Makes a pretty nice desktop background too, if you're interested.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Too bad about that other stand being so close. Good luck with your changes. It does look cold. What I would n't give for cool temps. We got upper 70s.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:03 PM

The thermometer said 33, but the wind blew something fierce all day long so it felt like 23.

Brrrr.

Gets those deer to movin' though. :]
Old 11-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is interesting. Nice pics, too!

I'm looking forward to more. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: And so it begins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.