Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my life...Mitchell, SD...Pics! >

First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my life...Mitchell, SD...Pics!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my life...Mitchell, SD...Pics!

Old 11-17-2006, 09:17 PM

Default First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my life...Mitchell, SD...Pics!

Well Here it is, Ive been following these forums for months now but decided I wouldn't register until I scored. I just started shooting compound this fall and sent in for an archery any-deer tag...Ive been out probally 20 times this season hunting in a ground blind by a stock dam and a tree stand in a shelter belt..We'll today was my lucky day...I get in the tree stand about 4pm and see lots of deer about 100 yards away..A doe starts to work its way to me and has a nice 8pt following it headed right for my stand...The doe cuts in the woods and comes back out about 10 yards from the base of my ladder..The buck soon follows, I do a quick mouth grunt and let the arrow fly..hit him about 2 ft back from the heart and I was pissed, shaking and not thinking when I let it go...The buck runs about 30 ft..stops broadside again andI let another arrow fly hitting it 6 inches ahead of the first shot..bothwereclean pass-through shotswith a 100 grain muzzy andMartin "Ultimate Beast" at 55lbs actually autographed by Ted Nugent..The buck took off after the second shot now gushing out of both sides..I come back 2 hours later in the dark with a few friends and flash lights and after a 1/2 mile track job we find my buck!A nice typical 8pt..not a monster but not small..Im guessing a 4 year old deer by the body size..There's my story..Keep in mind this is the first animal I have ever shot with a bow, and I never shot a deer before this with a rifle or shotgun...Thanks for all your helpful tips I have been reading...All for now..Dustin out of Mitchell Sd

Pictures at...
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4015983
Old 11-17-2006, 09:19 PM

Default RE: First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my lift...Mitchell, SD...Pics!

Congrats!!!!!! Very nice buck!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my lift...Mitchell, SD...Pics!

congrats! very nice buck for your first ever.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:30 PM

Congratulations on your buck , it is a beauty.

Welcome to the brotherhood, and welcome to HNI also.

I hope you can handle the addiction. In mind and wallet.....LOL

Good hunting and God Bless.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Congrats to you. Fine buck. Oh and I love your Corn palace.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:47 PM

congrats and welcome to the board. I hope we can help you along as you grow as an archer and hunter.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

You got yourself a good one for your first. And with a bow too, way to go. CONGRATS. But you don't have to wait till you get another to post again. Join right in.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Nice man!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:55 PM

Default RE: First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my life...Mitchell, SD...Pics!

Thanks for all your replys, I forgot to mention I had passed up around 30 deer before actually shooting this one..I saw mabey 10 bucks before this one but they were all missing half their racks due to fighting or too small..So I waited it out and knew it would be worth the wait..
Old 11-17-2006, 10:00 PM

Default RE: First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my life...Mitchell, SD...Pics!

Nice buck, congratulations!
Scott
Alaskan Bowhunters Association
SCI-Ak. Chapter
NAHC

Quick Reply: First Post, First Deer, First Buck of my life...Mitchell, SD...Pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.