Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which bowtech- Tribute or Allegiance?? >

Which bowtech- Tribute or Allegiance??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bowtech- Tribute or Allegiance??

Old 11-17-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Which bowtech- Tribute or Allegiance??

I am abeginner inthe bow scene, got reasonably proficient with a PSE Nova a few years agoand having just returned to theSouthern Hemisphereafter a successful months rifle hunting elk and whiteys in the U.S. For various reasonsI have decided I would like to get a good quality bow to complement hunting with a thunder stick. Whilst in the U.S I shot a Matthews SB XT and a BowtechTribute.Whilst I slightly preferred the draw cycle of the Matthews, Ihave decided I am going to buy either a Bowtech Tribute or a Allegiance, because the Bowtech dealer is the closest (and only)dealer to me andis also aguru, I want as much speed as I can get, and would also like the option of heavy poundage limbs. I have spent an hour or so with a Tribute and cant really seem to faultit. The Dealer here does not have an Allegiance. I was wondering if anybody out there has both experience with both tribute and allegiance and can relay what they find to be the major differences between them, both pros and cons.
I can easily and comfortably draw my 4 yr old 70 lb PSE Nova without any training, so I have tentatively ordereda Tribute with 80 lb limbs, set up @ 29", with the smooth mods, probably get speed mods as well. (I can obviouslyback limbs out to 70lbs if 80 is a bit tough initially.)

Also which would have the smoother draw cycle-a tribute@80lbs with smooth mods or an allegiance @70lbs with a speed mod fitted? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which bowtech- Tribute or Allegiance??

Funny, Just 5 minutes ago I purchased a Tribute over the phone because I got such a great deal. $549 out the door.The Tribute is shorter and slightly smoother. The alliegience is slightly faster. Depends on what you want. My pro shop here had both in and recommended me the Tribute because smoooth is more important to me than 8fps faster. I just can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:35 PM

Tribal,
Is that an 06 or an 07 model for $549?
I want smooth, which is why I thought an 80lb tribute would give me the best of both worlds.
Grunt without lump.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

That price is the 06. They just cut the price $150 bucks a few days ago. Then the shop was running a sale that they pay tax on anything you buy in the store. So It saved me even more.

What are you hunting where you would need 80lb limbs? Thats fine if it's what you want don't get me wrong but people get pass thru's with 45 lb bows.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 PM

Elk, bearor african game, kudu, wildebeeste etc.
As I mentioned a 70lb draw to me is a cake walk. 80lb limbs can be backed off to 70lb if need be. The draw cycle of a tribute is somewhat easier than my 4-5 yr old PSE nova at same poundage.
Surely a 400 - 450grn arrow shot @ 300+ fps affords a greater safety margin if if strikes bone(rib)on a elk, than one doing 250fps? And shoots somewhat flatter?
As I said I am a "bow newbie", if I am mistaken please enlighten me.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tough call, just whatever feels most comfortable is my best answer. I won't shoot anything but Hoyt though
Old 11-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one of each...my 06 Tribute is much smoother than the Allegiance. While the allegiance is a bit faster, I found that the triubute was quieter, smoother and more accurate, even though a little shorter. Shoot both if you can, you really can't go wrong either way. I wasn't aware they came in an eighty pound limb though, but I could be wrong.

Best of luck, I've shot nothing but bowtech for three years and am a true believer...just great bows.

Kelly

Old 11-18-2006, 08:59 PM

EllifIno.....We don't sell Bowtech at our shop, regardless of my pleading...
Old 11-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got both the Tribute and the Allegiance in the '06 models. To be frankly honest, you could probably blindfold me and not let me know which bow I was shooting and I couldn't tell you the difference; theyre' that close. I usually end up walking out the door with my Allegiance for the few extra fps. In fact, I ended up putting fast mods on the Ally and smooth mods on the Trib just to help accentuate the barely-noticeable differences.

I was thinking about ordering another Allegiance and Tribute in '07, but I think I'm going to just go with an Allegiance to compliment my Guardian, and order a Constitution with 60-lb. limbs for 3D shooting instead of the Tribute. There's really no need to have both; they're that similar. And now -- since they've upgraded the Allegiance by shaving some significant weight -- I think it's the choice to have between the two now. Faster AND lighter.

Now, you've thrown in another variable by suggesting the 80-lb. limbs for the Tribute (and yes, they're available for the Trib, Kelly...). It depends... if you were JUST elk hunting, I'd say go with a 70-lb. Allegiance and have them make it "heavy" for you. I'm not too experienced with the Africa scene... Actually --not sure about '07 --but you used to be able to order the Tribute with up to 100-lb. limbs, I think.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:19 AM

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the input. I take it that when you suggest I order a bow made "heavy" thatbowtech can supply it with stiffer spec limbs from the supplier?
Would a "heavy" bowhave a faster birth certificate?

Is there not a huge difference in smoothness between fast and smooth mods on the Ally?
Its a damn shame that N.Z is so small that the dealer wont stock shop bows for people to try, let alone with both modsso one cansee one prefers.
Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Which bowtech- Tribute or Allegiance??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.