Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07 >

Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07

Old 11-21-2006, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Germ, don't forget who Andy copied your bow from.
And had has absoloutelu ZERO customer relations!!!!!! Dont forget I was willing to buy 5 of these bows!
Have Motown go down the street and tell Andy on get on the stick!!!

For the record I have had 0 problems, but it must be me, LOL
Old 11-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Well the three I plan on looking at are the Vectrix, Vulcan, and Bowtech's Guardian.

The Vulcan appeals to me a bit more than the Vectrix only because of the higher speed.

If you don't mind, let me know what you think about that Vectrix when you get a chance to shoot it.
Honestly I would wait and see what Rytera comes out with. I bet they will have something interesting, and even if they don't their Bullet X is a fantastic bow with what may possibly be IMHO themost versatile cam system on the market right now. Plus you would be supporting a local company.
What do you do when you are in Canada, Alaska, or Iowa and your Rytera has an issue? Whisper Creek archery has some great bows and so do many others. I would stick with the big three; Hoyt, Bowtech, or a Mathews(in that order of excellence) so that if you drop your bow from a treestand(TeeJay) or you cut a string or cable with a broadhead, you can actually get parts and service immediately as there is always a dealer for the big threewithin an hour. How long is it going to take to get my Rytera or other off-brand bow repaired? I maybe on the hunt of a lifetime; I can't wait. TeeJay and I have both discussed this. Why buy some off brand bow which is goingto cost damn near as much as the top three bow makers' bows? They aren't going to shoot any better and they havepoor resale value(the top three already have poor resale value), why go any lower in the food chain?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

HCH when your in Alaska bush with no phone service and your bow breaks. There is only 1 thing you can do, bend over[8D]

As for dropping my bow I always take a backup(Hoyt or Mathews), if I cut my string or cable I keep a spare in my box.

Before I travel I always check for the closes pro shop, carry ROSS, Hoyt or Mathews(In correct order). When I am on a trip and my F-150 breaks down I do not call Ford HQ, I find a dealership and take the truck there or have it towed.

You are correct ROSS is not very big, so you better have a plan if something goes wrong. Finding a shop in Alaska or Iowawill be pretty tough.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Well the three I plan on looking at are the Vectrix, Vulcan, and Bowtech's Guardian.

The Vulcan appeals to me a bit more than the Vectrix only because of the higher speed.

If you don't mind, let me know what you think about that Vectrix when you get a chance to shoot it.
Honestly I would wait and see what Rytera comes out with. I bet they will have something interesting, and even if they don't their Bullet X is a fantastic bow with what may possibly be IMHO themost versatile cam system on the market right now. Plus you would be supporting a local company.
What do you do when you are in Canada, Alaska, or Iowa and your Rytera has an issue? Whisper Creek archery has some great bows and so do many others. I would stick with the big three; Hoyt, Bowtech, or a Mathews(in that order of excellence) so that if you drop your bow from a treestand(TeeJay) or you cut a string or cable with a broadhead, you can actually get parts and service immediately as there is always a dealer for the big threewithin an hour. How long is it going to take to get my Rytera or other off-brand bow repaired? I maybe on the hunt of a lifetime; I can't wait. TeeJay and I have both discussed this. Why buy some off brand bow which is goingto cost damn near as much as the top three bow makers' bows? They aren't going to shoot any better and they havepoor resale value(the top three already have poor resale value), why go any lower in the food chain?
Do you know who Rytera is? It is owned by Martin.........and they have 2 dealers in Alaska, 4 in Iowa, and god only knows how many in Canada. Any Martin dealer can service Rytera as well as normal Rytera dealers.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Everyone in thisboard is now dumber for having read this thread...... I award you no points and may God have mercy on your souls.....
Old 11-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Banned

Rick, who is going to buy that bow when I want to trade it in? I am sure they are great bows. I have watched videos on Whisper creeek bows too. Awesome bows!!! How do I get rid of it when it comes time to trade up in a year or too? Do you treat it like a disposable lighter, when you are done with it, toss it? You take it in the shorts when you trade the top three bow makers' bows and those are the names that everybody knows and wants.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Rick, who is going to buy that bow when I want to trade it in? I am sure they are great bows. I have watched videos on Whisper creeek bows too. Awesome bows!!! How do I get rid of it when it comes time to trade up in a year or too? Do you treat it like a disposable lighter, when you are done with it, toss it? You take it in the shorts when you trade the top three bow makers' bows and those are the names that everybody knows and wants.
HCH,

Not trying to stir the pot even more but not many folks I know trade up bows every few years. I'm shooting a double hand me down right now that is about 10 years old. If and when I replace that bow I'll be shooting my new bow for another 10 years.

BTW - My bow is a Mathews FX.

If you got the "doe" to roll like that, I'm sincerely glad to hear it.

Tom
Old 11-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Everyone in thisboard is now dumber for having read this thread...... I award you no points and may God have mercy on your souls.....
Love that movie. Hilarious!

Tom
Old 11-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rytera is actually a top shelf target bow HCH. A lot of people would be happy to take a Rytera off someone's hands used.

You must look outside of the "hunting" world. There is a hell of a lot of things to do with a bow and arrow other then just hunting.

You as well as many others in this thread have some sort of misconception on what archery really is. (The following isnot directed soley at HCH but alot of you guys)

Archeryis an individual sport. Meaning that what ever that individual chooses to shoot does not affect you, me or anyone else. I cannot understand the 10 pages of Ross this, Hoyt that etc etc.

Thiswas supposed to be athread about the new Mathews.... Some how, some where the hijackers turned this into a pissing contest. Live and let live guys.

If anyone wants to tell me their bow is better then mine, save your smack and line up at thetarget range or 3D venue..... Other wise save it.

[/align]
Old 11-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Dominant Buck

If anyone wants to tell me their bow is better then mine, save your smack and line up at thetarget range or 3D venue..... Other wise save it.
What's that go to do with BOWHUNTING?

Just asking.....lol.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.