Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Up close and personal!! >

Up close and personal!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Up close and personal!!

Old 11-16-2006, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Up close and personal!!

Was sitting on the ground on a side hill a few years ago and had a fawn walk right beside me, could have petted it. When it got a couple yards away I started softlyto call it like a dog..."c'mere boy, what a good boy", that little guy looked at me, stomped his foot a couple times trying to figger out what the heck I was,then momma blew from behind me and it bolted.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Spike

That cracked me up. She would have went crazy. I'm so glad i had that hunt yesterday. Because, i was getting so wrapped up in shooting a trophy and forgot to just enjoy the woods and if i get lucky i get lucky if not. oh well.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

I went in to my stand on opening morning last year, 75 minutes before sunrise.

On the way in, I jumped a buck, looked to be 6-8 points. He was only a yard or so off the trail. He decided he wanted to go the way I came from, and this path was a 4 wheeler path, so were talking 4-5' wide, tops. It was one of those moments you just don't have complete motor skills function to get out of the way. He somehow squeezed by me on this trail.

You know you are close when you can reach out and touch them. It's one notch up above that evenwhen you can feel the "wind" as that thing runs by you...I almost keeled over and died right there...
Old 11-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was sitting on the crest of a huge bald rock 2 yrs ago, I was gun hunting watching a funnel between other huge bald rocks.
I watched a doe being chased by a buck dissapear below me, but the buck held back and dissapeared, next thing I know the doe appeared right in front of me, she took the most impossible route to the ridge that I was sitting on imaginable. I could have harvested her with a spearif I had an antlerless tag, she stopped, blew snot on me, then ran away.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really is different when you are eye to eye with them.

Glad you got to experience this.