Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any Vacation Left? >

Any Vacation Left?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Vacation Left?

Old 11-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any Vacation Left?

Here in NYS the gun season starts on Saturday so I thought I'd go shoot my handgun a bit before then. Not that I haven't been shooting all summer. So I head over to my fathers land which is past my bowhunting spot. (kinda weird but I have one landowner that will only let me bowhunt and another that will only let me gun hunt). So I do some shooting and then head home around that magical time of the last hour of day light. I'm driving past the bowhunting land and spot a deer in the field that ajoins the property I hunt so I turn the truck around. As I'm turning around abox truck slams on his brakes, I look and there is a huge body deer standing next to the road. Now I'm headed in the direction of the field where the first deer was way out in the field feeding. I see the deer that almost got hit by the truck walking away from the road and it has to be a dark horned130" 8 point which for this area is damn big. So he trotts off as I go by to check the other deer. I pull over and get the binos out and the deer that is in the field is a nice 6 that will be really nice next year. I watch him for a while and then continue to head home. Still driving past the bowhunting land I catch a glimpse of a buck chasing a doe up a hill next to the road. It's a different buck with white horns. Looks to be about a 110" 8 that I think I saw opening day and not agains since. Sorry this took so long but I have 4 vacation days left and I have a feeling that 2 of them are going to be taken tomorrow and friday. There must be a hot doe or two somewhere around there. The 6 point kept looking in the woods as he was feeding and didnt pay much attention to me until I drove away. Well time to go see the lady for a bit and contemplate what I'm going to do tomorrow. Hopefully I just talked someone else into skipping work to hunt the best part of bowseason with me. Ill let you guys know if I score on anything. Good luck to all.

Josh
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any Vacation Left?

Hope you connect. any day hunting is better than working. I just burnt the last of my vacation days the last couple weeks. I get my fifth week starting Jan 1 for 20 years of service and as usual will use atleast two weeks for deer hunting.
Dan
Old 11-15-2006, 09:37 PM

I still have 32 hours vacation and 5 days person leave. I will get another 40 hours vacation second week of Jan and another personal day then also. Biggest problem is that we are busy enough they will not let me take any time off unless scheduled 2 weeks in advance.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope no vacation left here. I work in a hospital and due to low census I have no vacation left to use. Had to use it to get a good paycheck. That is a trade I hate to have to make. Wish some people would get sick around here LOL.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have any time left so its weekends for me. I am fortunate to have 4 days over Thanksgiving to hunt as well as Dec. 22-Jan. 2nd off with pay. So if I don't fill my last buck tag during the rut I'll have a lot of late season time to hunt food sources.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Site Buck Guru

I've been off since Oct. 27th and will go back to work on Nov. 27th. If need be I'll still hunt after work and on weekends.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm finishing up my 3rd - and final - week of vacation to hunt the rut. We had frost and low temps every day for a week leading up to the start of my vacation. My vacation started and we had temps that hit the upper 70's the first two weeks and set new records. This week, it's upper 60's with 4" of rain expected today, high winds and currently - a tornado watch! This same scenario has played out for 3 of the last 4 years. The only year it didn't was '04 - the WINDY year! I go back to work Sunday night and the forecast is for calm, dry weather with temps in the high 20's and low 30's. It figures.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got 2 weeks of vacation left. I'm taking the week of Dec 4th off to hunt with NYBH. (Or without him if he don't show)
Old 11-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, you guys are killing me. I hunted every day from 11/3 to 11/12 and took off 40 hours of work in there, and now I only have 2 hours of vacation. I need to start buying lottery tickets or something because all this work is really cutting into my hunting time.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Spike

I have 35 days of vacation left but need to get it down to 30 days before the first of the year. This is a problem I greatly enjoy!! I will take a few days off after rifle season and get back into archery.

Quick Reply: Any Vacation Left?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.