Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who needs scent control during the rut???? >

who needs scent control during the rut????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who needs scent control during the rut????

Old 11-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Spike

Default who needs scent control during the rut????

Ok guys and gals, I know scent control has been beat to death andif deer are afraid of human waste,but does it really matter during the rut???

The reason I ask is this, This morning I went out to the woods and as soon as I got their, I had to go. So I did, 30 min later while in my stand it hit me again, I climbed down and went. 15 min later had to go again, this time before I did I saw a doe 20 yards away. She went up the hill in front of me where I couldn't see her so I really really had to go so I started to walk to "my tree" When I got there I heard a buck grunting chasing the doe. same buck and doe I saw yesterday. So with the all clear I do my business and while doing it another buck came following the other, and begain to run the other buck away.This all happened not 20 yards from were I was at and not one of them saw me or got wind of me!!!!!

It was one of those times you wish to owned a video camera, Pants down leaning against tree, bow in hand and two bucks running around right in front of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

So my question is simple does it really matter during the rut????
Old 11-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who needs scent control during the rut????

A buck can definitely become pre-occupied during the rut.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

My gosh, do you have to go that often all the time? I don't think deer can tell the difference from human urine and other animal urine. I always go right by my stand and deer never care.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need it.
I stink!

I wouldn't chance it.
The bucks may be oblivious, but the does do a lot of the busting.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Honestly, why would you "go" right by your tree?
what if a monster buckwalked by and wasnt "pre-ocupied" and caught wiff of your urine, how mad would you be if he darted off and you never saw him agian, and i mean he was huge! Wouldnt you be po'd?
What i am getting at is dont go by your stand cuz it can ruin hunts!
and scent control is always important!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you would of had your bow in your hand instead of your Johnson you might have bagged the big one. To answer your question, them bucks will make some bad judgments when they are chaseing does. Just like all of us men. I wouldn't reccomend you taking to many dumps in your hunting spots. Is your last name Dumpposkie by chance?
Old 11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh one more thing, if you ate alot of corn maybe a big buck will feed on it. [:'(]
Old 11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Spike

no one can help it when they don't feel good. If I would have know it before I left I wouldn't have went hunting. And I didn't go by my stand. The land owner just put his cows in the back pasture by the woods and I only hunt 40 yards into the woods so I went by the pasture, so the deer wouldn't pick it up as well if you know what I mean!! It was just one of those things that is kind off out of your control, and if the big one went by oh well I hunt for meat not rack. I just thought it was weird and funny how they didn't even know I was there during all this and I did how my bow in hand but I don't think anyone would shot at a buck running after a doe.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish I would have waited until after I finished my dinner before reading this thread [:'(]
Old 11-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Wish I would have waited until after I finished my dinner before reading this thread
Me too. In reference to your question yes! Even if you are not busted by a buck, we can easily be busted by does being chased or trailed and when a whitetail show alarm, even in the rut the following deer(be it buck or doe) are usually alarmed as well.

Quick Reply: who needs scent control during the rut????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.