Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally a deer (pictures) >

Finally a deer (pictures)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally a deer (pictures)

Old 11-14-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Finally a deer (pictures)

I am 16 and I have been hunting since i was about 10. I've tried deer hunting with a gun, but i always seemed to miss[:@] Well I tried archery hunting this year. Spent over $800 on just bow and bow equip, and i have spent countless hours in the stand. Finally things paid off.
On Nov. 4,I decided to slip into my homemade treestand to hunt with my 8 yr old brother for the last hour before dark. I debated even going out to begin with. At around 4:50, my brother started saying he was seeing a deer. Of course i didn't believe him, i hadn't seen a deer all season. (4 weeks x 4+ hours a day) Well he was right. A doe had slipped in and offered me a 20 yd chip shot, clipping both of her lungs and severing the artery that runs along the spine in chest cavity. I had my first deer down, an archery deer, and my brother was there for the whole thing. I don't know who was more excited. Check out the pictures.(Hate it when people say pics.) Sorry

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r139/GobblerGetter18/?action=view&current=MVC-005S.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=3
Old 11-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Default RE: Finally a deer (pictures)

congrats on your deer. im sure its a great feeling to get the first one under your belt...something i still have yet to do. hopefully this year. btw, the link didnt work
Old 11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats .I can't see the picture either
Old 11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the deer, the first is always the best! To get the link to work, got to your pictures on photobucket and under each one it will have a URL, TAG, and IMG link. Copy the URL and past it on here like you did with the last one.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

yeah can't see them picsit is asking for your password
Old 11-14-2006, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: bhensley

Congrats on the deer, the first is always the best! To get the link to work, got to your pictures on photobucket and under each one it will have a URL, TAG, and IMG link. Copy the URL and past it on here like you did with the last one.
Better yet, copy the IMG tags and paste them here.

Make the IMG lowercase and you'll save US the hassle of clicking a link.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats anyway!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

So just make the IMG link lowercase and paste it just like anything else? I have never been able to get a pic to show so I always just put up a link. Plus, clicking the link just exercises your trigger finger a little
Brandon
Old 11-14-2006, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

So just make the IMG link lowercase and paste it just like anything else? I have never been able to get a pic to show so I always just put up a link. Plus, clicking the link just exercises your trigger finger a little
Brandon
That's correct. For some reason, HuntingNet doesn't accept the upper case IMG as valid. You must make the IMG's lowercase and then they'll show up directly in your post.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually your both wrong. He needs to log in first and then get the correct URL that Photobucket assigned to it. It shows up under the picture once uploaded. Then come back to the thread, click the yellow box on the far right of the tool bar. It opens another window, paste the URL and the picture will show.

Quick Reply: Finally a deer (pictures)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.