Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!! >

Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

Old 11-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Banned

Default RE: Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

ORIGINAL: whitetaildeer87

awesome! girl power! lol. I'm a women bowhunter also. I havn't that much luck. Do you know what weight she draws back? What kind of bow is she using? I'm shooting with a Hoyt ViperTec and pulling only 40 lbs. I need an upgrade.
Hoyt trykon. I turned it down to 40#'s so she could pull it back easier so as not to hurt her incisions. At 20 yds she still got a complete passthru. Proof that it is shot placement and not poundage.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geez that's a nice buck ! Congratulations to both of you.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Way to go hoytgirl, great buck!!! But I gotta feel for HCH you must be rubbing it in real hard right about now. CONGRATS!!!!!
Not at all. She is very humble and knows that without me she would have never got this buck, her bear, last years buck and doe, or taken up archery. My biggest thrill of the year was watching her take this buck today; it just doesn't get any better than watching your best friend and partner in life do something like this. Many a man will never do what she did today.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:12 PM

That's awesome! Makes me feel better....I thought since I was only pulling 40 lbs that I wouldn't kill something. PLACEMENT is the key. Congrats again on that nice buck! Wish I had someone to help me [&o]I'm all on my own.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Banned

That's awesome! Makes me feel better....I thought since I was only pulling 40 lbs that I wouldn't kill something. PLACEMENT is the key. Congrats again on that nice buck! Wish I had someone to help me [&o]I'm all on my own.
This little kid is my boy Cory at age 11. He took this doe on opening day at 20 yds, while I watched, with a 35# bow. He got a complete pass thru in the heart.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:20 PM

awesome! girl power! lol. I'm a women bowhunter also. I havn't that much luck. Do you know what weight she draws back? What kind of bow is she using? I'm shooting with a Hoyt ViperTec and pulling only 40 lbs. I need an upgrade.
Hey there whitetaildeer87!!! Awesome to have another women bowhunter!!!!!!!!!! I use a Hoyt Trykon, 40-50lb bow. I used to have it maxed out, but, I had surgery a 3 weeks ago so we lowered it a bit to about 4o or so. It smoked him. Complete pass through. It is all about shot placement when you are shooting with lower poundage bows.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:25 PM

You do have people to help you. This forum, just ask, and you will get all the advice you want! Everyone here is so helpful! Also, I am sure there has got to be men in your area that would love to help out a women in the sport. Not to mention other women bowhunters that would love to help in anyway they could.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: hoytgirl

Hey there whitetaildeer87!!! Awesome to have another women bowhunter!!!!!!!!!! I use a Hoyt Trykon, 40-50lb bow. I used to have it maxed out, but, I had surgery a 3 weeks ago so we lowered it a bit to about 4o or so. It smoked him. Complete pass through. It is all about shot placement when you are shooting with lower poundage bows.
AWESOME! I'm just happy to hear this from another women bowhunter. I need to upgrade my bow. I use the old ViperTec Hoyt. It's an awesome bow, it just won't go over 40 lbs. I can get it to maybe 43 lbs. Did you use a lot scent coverup? I think thats a big problem with me...the deer smell me and RUN! Again, congrats
Old 11-13-2006, 06:28 PM

NICE BUCK HOYTGIRL.
THANKS HCH FOR TURNING ME ON TO THIS FORM.
NEW TO BOW HUNTING & HCH HAS GIVEN SOME GREAT ADVICE!
SEE YA IN THE WIND.
IA BUCK.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

This little kid is my boy Cory at age 11. He took this doe on opening day at 20 yds, while I watched, with a 35# bow. He got a complete pass thru in the heart.
WOW! THAT'S A GREAT SHOT! A deticated boy thats for sure! Thanks for the pic and advise!

Quick Reply: Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.