Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ILL PUBLIC GROUND BUCK!  In the words of the Lakosky's...BBD! >

ILL PUBLIC GROUND BUCK! In the words of the Lakosky's...BBD!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ILL PUBLIC GROUND BUCK! In the words of the Lakosky's...BBD!

Old 11-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default ILL PUBLIC GROUND BUCK! In the words of the Lakosky's...BBD!

Well in the last two days I logged 19 hours in the tree and in the week I've logged 30+ in the tree...Pulled an all day sit Wed. from 6a-dark(520p)...Yesterday I sat from 7a-3p when I shot my BIG BOY....in those 19 hours I saw only 3 deer including this one...2 small six pointers and this....I was hunting public ground in Brown County known as Buckhorn Ranch. I lost my private ground this year after 9 years to a lease so this makes this deer BITTER SWEET!...No real story...Got in my tree at 7am and sat till 11a when I saw a little 6 pt...come in at the bottom of a ridge stopping at each ridge bottom scent checking...Then at 12p I had two hunters come in...one went to the bottom of the ridge where the six pt was and the other hunter tried to put his stand up 40 yards behind me...I whistled and waved and he moved on.......at 3pm the guy below me was rattling and grunting so I started grunting with him...then I heard the footsteps coming on the top of the ridge across from me....I looked over and it looked like a monster walking thru the woods...he stopped at the bottom of the ravine that seperates the two ridge lines and looked around so I gave two soft grunts...He came right to my stand and stopped at 10 yards and looked up at me in full draw...he was slightly quartering in and almost head on....I knew he made me and all I could do was let him go or take a chance...I took what most will think and I know is probably an unethical shot but I shot for a spot between his neck and shoulder plate...I shot and he ran 100yds...crashed....got up ran another 100yds..crashed....got up and ran into a creek and stopped...never to move again!!!! when he crashed the first time he broke what was left of the arrow off..4" that didn't penetrate...When I field dressed him I found the rest of the arrow up in him(appx 23" of arrow)and a big hole in the middle of his heart....Muzzy 3 blade did it again for me...I haven't scored him or anything but have really showed him off to friends and everybody thinks he will go 160 or better....about 19-20" inside and g2 and 3's 12" or better...Now if I can just figure out how to upload the picture...

Old 11-10-2006, 06:20 AM

Default RE: ILL PUBLIC GROUND BUCK! In the words of the Lakosky's...BBD!

Nice buck!
Glad that shot selection worked out for you this time.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sure is a dandy good job way to stick it to him. EXCELLENT you should be one proud guy. Congrats man.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:23 AM

I won't say anything about the shot because you've kinda already said it or thought it....I am glad that it worked out for you and we aren't getting another Lost Buck thread....Congrats on a fantastic buck!!!! He is definitely a BRUTE! Did you get an exit hole????
Old 11-10-2006, 06:35 AM

Good job 22 thats a dandy buck ,,long tines great deer,,did you know he was there, had you seen him before is what i mean,i like to set all day some ,,what kind of stand do you use on your all day sits.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Never saw him befor but knew that this ground has big deer...I sit in a North Starr Ultralight Hunter climbing stand....I started sitting all day last year....It gets boring when you don't see anything but it is all rewarded when you see a deer like this...let alone get to take him...

Edit: No the arrow didn't pass thru...it had 23" all up in him...it was slightly quartering in but close to head on...Arrow went thru the heart and broadhead was thru the diaphram and in the guts...The heart had a nice star pattern(3 blades) going thru the middle of it...
Old 11-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Banned

Nice buck!!! Congrats.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Great buck!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a buck, great work, especially on public ground.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greta Buck congrats

Quick Reply: ILL PUBLIC GROUND BUCK! In the words of the Lakosky's...BBD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.