Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm *really* an idiot! LOL >

I'm *really* an idiot! LOL

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm *really* an idiot! LOL

Old 11-09-2006, 10:19 AM

Default I'm *really* an idiot! LOL

So, I finally got into the woods for the first time in a week this morning. Didn't see anything for an hour or so, bout 7:30, we decided to rattle and grunt. Within 3 minutes, we look out 150 yds to our left and there was a monster standing there staring in our direction. We checked the other direction, chatted for about 15 seconds, looked back, POOF, vanished! About 5 minutes later, a smallish (8pt maybe) went trotting across the same field, he was definitely on a mission, wasn't stoppin' for anything. 5 minutes after that, at about 7:40, a nice 6 comes through the set aside, came right to me at 30 yds (my max shot). Well, I drew on him, and waited for him to hit my lane. Unfortunately, Joe bleated too early, stopped him, just as I was getting ready to release, he needed to wait for the buck to take two more steps, but it was too late. I shot right in front of him. I totally was *not* expecting Joe to stop him...

Anyway, that makes my 2nd miss this year. I know it's part of hunting, so I'm not upset about it, but I really am ready to fill this tag!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:22 AM

Default RE: I'm *really* an idiot! LOL

Well sheesh girl....you've had 2 chances already this fall....what more do you want?? [8D][&:]

Hang in there, you'll smoke one yet.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:24 AM

at least you are having the opportunity for a shot. some of us have yet to see a buck this season
Old 11-09-2006, 10:25 AM

Stick with it. Don't get too antsy about releasing the arrow. It sounds like you rushedthe shotby releasing an arrow on a deer you didn't really have a shot on.

Relax, take a breath, pick a spot and wait for the deer to come clear before releasing. It will save you aggravation and heart ache in the long run.

It will fall in place for you! Just have fun out there! Good luck.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:27 AM

Actually, I've had more chances than that! LOL I couldn't draw my bow on an 8 two weeks ago and missed my opportunity at two more that were directly behind my stand because I turned around too late! [:'(]

That makes 5...

See, *told* you I was an idiot! LOL [8D][&o][:-]
Old 11-09-2006, 10:29 AM

To me it sounds like you are having fun! I love having bucks in close even when I end up screwing up the deal. Relax.......
Old 11-09-2006, 10:32 AM

Stick with it. Don't get too antsy about releasing the arrow. It sounds like you rushedthe shotby releasing an arrow on a deer you didn't really have a shot on.

Relax, take a breath, pick a spot and wait for the deer to come clear before releasing.
You are probably right... I am pretty well relaxed when I get ready, I think the unexpected bleat by my buddy threw me off as well as the deer!

At least these things are a great learning experience for next time!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:35 AM

Jimimac, I am still having a great year. I am always a happy hunter when I see deer!

There will be more chances, I'm okay with it.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

Jimimac, I am still having a great year. I am always a happy hunter when I see deer!

There will be more chances, I'm okay with it.
Good for you! It really is a blast! Good luck girl.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:46 AM

I hope this post doesn't get taken the wrong way. But there is something I don't understand. What happened was there was a bad shot taken. When someone comes on here and says they took a bad shot, and then they can't find there deer. Well most people on here rip them apart for taking a bad shot. So what gives with this situation. Shouldn't someones opinion be the same no matter the situation. Once again please don't take this the wrong way, I was just curious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.