Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Lock B. S. >

Scent Lock B. S.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lock B. S.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Germ

I understand Atlas I hope all is getting back to normal.

Which is quieter ford or chevy?
GMC
Yes I worked for GM Atlas, Chevy GMC built in the same plant

I wrote code test trany that is in your truck(If it was made in Toledo OH)

Yep you have been infected with Germ Code

Old 11-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the deal. The companies selling this "stuff" want you to buy it. And, if you were to buy all the "stuff" they say you need they will be rich and you will be poor, and guess what - that is their goal in case you were wondering. The people telling you how great it works are people in MARKETING! They are professionals!
I think my system works pretty well and it is cheap, maybe not the best, but it works most of the time. I usually don't get busted, but must admit, if I'm on the ground and the wind is not in my favor, I'm pretty much busted. But, I don't really believe that you guys aren't, no matter what you're wearing. Try hiding from your dog in your suit. I will buy it from you if he can't find you!

1. Wear rubber boots. When not wearing them keep them in a plastic trash bag that is full of dirt and leaves (best case is when they are from the woods you are hunting) or hang them outside.
2. Don't wash your clothes in the same washer and dryer that your wife washes all the other clothes in no matter what the directions say. Do you really think that if the direction said "you'll need to by a special outdoor fresh air washer and dryer" you'd buy the stuff? Of course not. Remember - these people are professionals, they know how much money they're going to be able to get from you. If you must wash them, do it in a wash tub that stays out side. Try only using water, if soap is a must, use the sport wash or whatever else works the same. Hang them out to dry. Hang them out often, even when they do not need to dry or be washed. If I'm not going to be hunting in the rain, I'll even leave my clothes out in the rain. When you can't hang them or simply don't feel like hanging them, put them in another trash bag just as you did your rubber boots.
3. Either hunt in a high stand, like 30' or try to pay attention to the wind. High stands are great for not getting busted. They work best in a slight constant wind, one that continually carries your scent away and dilutes it before it makes it to the ground. If you're going to be stalking or walking, really pay attentionto the wind.
4. Save your money and spend it on something else. Maybe you could send your son or daughter to college to get one of those marketing degrees, or take you wife out to dinner every time you hunt, she may even start encouraging you to go...
Old 11-09-2006, 07:23 PM

GMC

GMC Pickup FOR SALE:

All offers considered......will trade for a drop away rest and/or carbon suit.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:26 PM

GMC

GMC Pickup FOR SALE:

All offers considered......will trade for a drop away rest and/or carbon suit.

What was the last bid, Bob?

Oh, ok.

$1.01
Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Funny Atlas good one!!!

I left out it was 6 years ago. I hope they updated their test stands

Old 11-09-2006, 07:45 PM

Funny Atlas good one!!!

I left out it was 6 years ago. I hope they updated their test stands

Whew!!!.........That was a close one
Old 11-10-2006, 02:47 PM

Scent Lok, Scent Shield, Scent Blocker, anything that uses carbon is useless, and I fell for it too. Carbon cannot be "reactivated" in anyone's dryer. Clothing would burn up long before the point of reactivation. Anyone who spends that much money on camo and has positive results is going to chalk it up to their scent lok, because they want to believe it works. Anything you read on scentlok.com is going to praise their product of course. Read the articles on fastestbows.com, this comes from a man that worked with activated carbon and knows the "reactivation" process. This guy has nothing to gain from telling it like it is. These two articles are enough to convince me that carbon clothes are a bunch of b.s. making people rich. As long as people keep buying it they'll keep selling it, and telling you it works. I'm glad someone that knows had the balls enough to stand up and speak. If it makes you feel better, wear it, you paid too much for it not to. But, if things go wrong it must be something other than the clothes because the scent was "locked in", riiiight. If things fall into place, so be it, you can say it was because of your scent lok, riiiight. If you had any other suit on it would have never happened, riiiight. You can convince yourself there are dwarfs in the woods too if you say it enough.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

carbon clothing is one of the best scams around.

50 years ago plenty of deer were hunted successfully with out it.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're right about not being able to re-activate the carbon but the dryer does drive off some of the scent allowing the carbon layer to adsorb some more scent. BTW I have found that storing your gear with some aqaurium charcoal helps to keep it scent free,The charcoal for aquariums is activated charcoal, I keep some in my boot box and the bottom of my clothing box.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am curious....all you guys who say the carbon suits do not work at all and should never be baught...that you should use thespary by X companybecause it works so much better....anyone ever look at the ingrediants in the spray??? or if it is not on the bottle-go to the web site or email the company and ask them.. i will give you one guess???

Quick Reply: Scent Lock B. S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.