Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tough Call...need advice >

Tough Call...need advice

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tough Call...need advice

Old 11-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tough Call...need advice

I am about to close the deal on and 18.5 acre property in Alabama with my parents. We are buying it for business purposes, but my Dad and I had already planned to hunt it for the rest of the season before we start clearing it for the business. The lady that owns the land gave someone permission to hunt it this season. When we walked the land there are some salt blocks, couple of hang on stands, and a good bit of deer sign.What would you do?
Old 11-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tough Call...need advice

If it were me and i bought it, i would find out whos stuff that was and get them out of there. Thats just me though, i have enough of a hard time keeping tresspassers off of some of my land.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd let em hunt the rest of the season if it were me.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I would let them hunt it as well. The hunter had no idea most likely that it was going to be sold after he got permission.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: John Deer

I'd let em hunt the rest of the season if it were me.
Same here , you'd hate it if somebody bought out the land you planned to hunt and kicked you off of it . Perhaps a user schedule that accomodates all 3 of you is in order ?
Old 11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

If this is your only spot to hunt, then I wouldn't feel bad about asking them to remove their stuff. At least talk to them. Maybe they have other places to hunt as well.

But, if you other land to hunt on and don't really have to hunt there, then I'd be a somewhat lenient on them and ask them to remove it at the end of the season.

If it's not your's yet, then it's the landowners call. Maybe they were not suppose to be ther in the first place.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

If you own it, remove that junk and lock the gate. She can not give permission to land she no longer owns. Even if it is in a contract, the contract ended when she sold the property. If you do not own it yet, looks like you are out of luck.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once you close on the land, they no longer have permission to be there and should be informed by the seller prior to closing to give them a heads up. I'm in a similar situation with regard to amount of acreage and everybody and their brother wanting to hunt it. It's simply not enough land for three or four hunters. As mentioned, maybe a schedule to finish out the season is in order if you are feeling guilty about giving them the boot. You do have the right as the new owners to kick them to the curb though.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:16 PM

Treat and Do Apon Others has you would wantthemto you !!
Old 11-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

You don't have to be a dick ,but if this guy wanted to hunt it he should of bought it him self.

Maybe a talk with him would make your mind up for yourself.

Quick Reply: Tough Call...need advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.