Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyotes got your Deer? >

Coyotes got your Deer?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyotes got your Deer?

Old 11-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Coyotes got your Deer?

Say you shot a deer in the evening, looked and didn't find much sign in the dark, and you decide that the best thing to do would be to back out and come back in the AM. You get out early the next morning with help and pick up the track. When you find the deer, you discover that the deer has been completely stripped overnight by coyotes. Nothing left except shredded hide, bones and the head.
Would you tag it?
I've heard of this happening in my area and the pictures are amazing. But in WI, by law you have to tag the deer.
Brian
Old 11-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Coyotes got your Deer?

Yes.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I killed this one Saturday morning near where I killed my buck on Wednesday. The yotes are thick here this year.

edited for graphic pic...sorry
Old 11-08-2006, 10:02 AM

I don't think I have much legal choice other than to tag it! I would still have two tags left to fill, so I would still have plenty of wiggleroom to get so me freezer meat.

Sometimes there isn't much you can do about it. That's the cycle of life though, it happens. You take the bad with the good as you do everything else.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess if you really wanted to you could just leave the head there, but i would tag the carcass. In NJ, you cant even pick up an old head without a tag. I used one of my tags this year on the head of a deer that i was hunting all year. He got hit by a car and when i found him the coyotes/ foxes ate everything but his head.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:43 AM

ur doing ur part by killing an animal for no reason? they are part of the food chain and have a place here as well. no animal should be killed for fun
Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i killsdeer-We have an open season on them in IL year round.....take it up with the IDNR. We have a very large population of coyotes this year, it was taken on my property....bottom line, it was in season and I shot it. End of story and no applogies on my part.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

buttonbustermaster I didn't read anywhere that you killed for fun. I've never kill for fun. It all falls under the catagories of population control, and damage control. If there is a problem with shooting animals forthese reason I will gladly ship the meat to them at thier expense. So if anybody wants some groundhog, fox, coyote, or raccoon just speak up.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

buttonbustermaster I didn't read anywhere that you killed for fun. I've never kill for fun. It all falls under the catagories of population control, and damage control. If there is a problem with shooting animals forthese reason I will gladly ship the meat to them at thier expense. So if anybody wants some groundhog, fox, coyote, or raccoon just speak up.
Amen to that brother.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

buttonbustermaster i second that amen!!!!!!!!! where about are you in illinois. i live and hunt by jacksonville and they are thick as heck here too. there is nothing wrong with population control ikillsdeer. i kill everyone i see. thereare justto many of them!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Coyotes got your Deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.