Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what camo pattern? >

what camo pattern?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what camo pattern?

Old 11-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what camo pattern?

I have always been a realtree guy, whether it is the gray,brown or timber. But i have to say the open pattern camos make alot of sense. There are a lot of different testimony about them from the guys here and it has started to make me a believer....i think i will be joining them next year.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:55 AM

Every piece of camo I own is Mossy Oak New Break Up. And I own a lot of camo. Besides my duck stuff, and it is RT max HD4. But I think I will slowly be changing to ASAT or Predator before next season.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Banned

I like predator. If you can draw a bow on a turkey while in a treestand, you know your camo is working.

He didn't see me either. With this buckI had predator pants and Realtree hardwoods top. I like to mix camo too. I bought an Enigma coat for this mixing too.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

HCH.....I don't doubt you did draw down on a turkey with him looking at you.....but hey!.....natural selection is alive and well, I guess! You killed a dumb one!
(hey....now I'm just kidding, .........kinda)

I've seen 123 deer while on stand, this year. 78 of them have been in bow range. I've been busted (THAT I KNOW OF) 0 times. I used to wear all patterns.....but I DO think these open patterns have something to add to our arsenals. I've been lucky enough to have Enigma made pretty much to my exact specs.....and I've enjoyed wearing it in the field the last few hunts (including a 1:45 sit in the rain, yesterday.....that had me bone dry). I'm sold on it.....and I'll be ordering more.

Jeff
Old 11-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Advantage Timber but I don't think it makes a HUGE difference. My stepbrother is a military man so he always hunts in that green army camo and kills deer every year and he's killed several mature big bucks. I thinkthat camo is market driven a lot like scent control is.But that's just my 2 cents.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Banned

That Rob guy( I am sure you have heard of him) twisted my arm so damn bad that I bought a coat and it arrived the other day.I love camo and Ithink mixing your tops and bottoms is a great way to blend in. I think that fusion 3d walmart stuff looks great too.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:43 AM

Predator, Enigma, or ASAT.

Can't go wrong with any of these three.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

That Rob guy( I am sure you have heard of him) twisted my arm so damn bad that I bought a coat and it arrived the other day.I love camo and Ithink mixing your tops and bottoms is a great way to blend in. I think that fusion 3d walmart stuff looks great too.
He twisted your arm, hell I got a date with his wife[8D] I guess you need to buy the whole outfit!!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Natgear!, it blends in very well in the area that i hunt. I've been using it for the past 6yrsand it has worked great for me. I have both the natural and the evergreen pattern and hope to add a set of the new scIIin the near future.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

To whomever bought whatever was on sale at Wal-Mart: Beware, some of their stuff literally glows i the dark. I bought some (I thought) good looking camo from Wal-Mart. A few weeks later, I put it undera UV light and it literally glowed!

I've been wearing mossy oak mostly, but I'm expecting a full suit of Enigma any day now (hopefully in time for my hunt this weekend!)

Quick Reply: what camo pattern?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.