Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 1 or 2 ? plz HELP:) >

1 or 2 ? plz HELP:)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

1 or 2 ? plz HELP:)

Old 11-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 1 or 2 ? plz HELP:)

well i have 2 good spots to hunt from and i was wondering which one was better. i seen a nice looking buck at spot 2 the other day but i havnt had ne luck with my #1 spot. here is spot# 1

and here is spot #2
which plot of land would be better hunting and a better chance???and why ? also where on that spot would u hunt ??and why ? there is alot of deer activity on spot 2 but i never have enough time to go out there. spot 1 is alot more convenient(sp?)thanks in advanced

Old 11-06-2006, 12:23 PM

Default RE: 1 or 2 ? plz HELP:)

Hard to tell exactly what you are facing, but...

Looks like you have a creek next two number two as well as some ag land. And, there seems to be some natural pinch points.

i would pick number two because you may be able to narrow down where a buck can and will travel (creek keeps them somewhat funneled and deer will move between pinch points more often than not.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would also go with 2, is that a road or a creek that is near the bottom of the pic(the one that zig zags)? if it is a creek, then use it to your advantage. find a place that the deer have to funnel through. For example if their is a ridge near the creek hunt between the 2.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with #2 as well. You might want to try to move closer to the field on the west side. Find where they are entering the field and set up in between there and thier bedding area.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:10 PM

I would try 2.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

there is a creek going down the middle of #2 on the southeast part of that.....on the FAR south of that is a clearing along the fence where i set ontop of a hill and watch as they go from woods to woods. it takes time to get back in there which is time i dont have so i will have to find another way to get in there or find a better spot.even tho i found some sign today at spot #1....