Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

nicknames

Old 11-05-2006, 05:30 PM

Default nicknames

do y'all ever nickname the big bucks you are after?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: nicknames

Ya i do. the 13 pointer i have around is called the droptine buck since it has 2 droptines, and the 10 we have around is called Mr.chocolate because of how dark his rack is. We have more but i think you get the point lol.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

normally hatrack or bullwinkle
Old 11-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Where we hunt in Northeast Missouri we have a lot of crops and few full wooded areas. We hunt mainly strip woods. We have a West woods area with abig buckwe callThe Western Wooded One. To the North we have another buck we call Mr. Inside Corner because we only see him going over the fence where it makes an inside corner. No here is the funny one. Across the fence in another place where of course we don't have hunting rights, no one hunts this area at all and we think the buck knows it by the way he acts, there is this huge buck that makes my son in law hyperventilate when ever he sees him we call himMae West because of his huge rack.
Good luck to all opening day.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

I call this buck that lives just over the hill from my house "The Big 8." I saw him scouting once and then he just dissapeared. I also found a 6 point when I was about 7 years old that had broken its main beam just above the brow tine. I started calling him Bucky and the name has stuck ever since. creative huh? lol
Old 11-05-2006, 06:35 PM

It's funny you should bring this up I just saw a buck saturday that I missed last season. I gave him the nick name "50-Scent" because for some reason he always comes to arround 50 yards and proceeds to circle around after I grunt to him and scent check. He has 3 or 4 points on his right side and has just a spike on his left side with what looks like a few small stickers coming off of it. Deffinitly an interesting rack. Saturday was the first time I saw him this season since missing him last season on the exact same day. I missed him on the next to last saturday of archery here in PA and I saw him this year for the first time on the next to last satuday this year.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 PM

I call my special deer : SUPPER!!! HAH!!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

MOST OF THE BI BUCKS WE SEE ARE NICKNAMED "BIG MOE"
Old 11-06-2006, 02:52 AM

sure, thats part of the challenge. good luckhunting
Old 11-06-2006, 05:24 AM

NO WAY, DUDE! I nicknamed one of mine Bullwinkle , too!

Quick Reply: nicknames

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.