Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weeeiiiiiirrrrddddd............. >

Weeeiiiiiirrrrddddd.............

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weeeiiiiiirrrrddddd.............

Old 11-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weeeiiiiiirrrrddddd.............

bro, i almost got killed by three junkies while fishing a creek that was too close, apparently, to a favorite druggie shoot-up spot. if i didnt have my beretta .22, things would have been REAL ugly.... stay away and report it.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Makes me want to hunt him down just out of curiosity. Did you try a grunt call?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it was possible he had a hunting camp nearby, and was getting some water from the river? Or maybe he was dropped off there by aliens.

A year ago at Ft Bragg I was going through special forces try-outs. I was doing land navigation and it was about 2 am and I strayed off course a good 3 clicks and I thought I heard someone following me. I stopped and bent over to rest my back and I looked up and there was this person staring at me 20 ft away, and I'm in the boonies near aswamp.I know it wasn't any instructors because I wasn't even on the course anymore. I thought maybe meth lab too. I thought I might have a fight to the death with this guy, but I acted like I didn't see him and turned and walked away.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: moose1915

bro, i almost got killed by three junkies while fishing a creek that was too close, apparently, to a favorite druggie shoot-up spot. if i didnt have my beretta .22, things would have been REAL ugly.... stay away and report it.
now thats freaky, but really man get somene to check that out.... it could be the deliverence all over again or methheads or like with out a paddle.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:27 PM

Before I ever finished your post I though "Meth Heads" It is becoming a growing problem here in Oklahoma. They will trespass on other peoples property so that they won't get caught on thier land. From what you described (shorts, cold weather) he wouldn't have noticed the weather if he was all messed up. Also the fact he was hiding from you is suspicous. I think you did the right thing by making him think you didn't see him. I would definately contact local law enforcement and have them check the area out. And I wouldn't go back until I knew everything was on the up and up.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

was that over on Brokeback Mountain?????????
Old 11-05-2006, 07:09 PM

don't want to be a jerk here but what if he kidnapped a child or worst.
I would have to go back with pistol of course just to check. IT's a sick world guys !
Old 11-05-2006, 07:46 PM

Not trying to be a jerk but that is a good idea, if you are a law enforcement officer. But assuming you are not, it would not be in your best interest to go investigate this situation yourself. It could get you killed(even if you did have a pistol) Or it could lead to you killing someone. Neither of which I am sure you would care too much for. That is why sometimes people end up dead. Because someone tries to be "Johnny Law."
Old 11-05-2006, 07:54 PM

your right . I watch to much law & order ! my luck i would shoot my self in the foot ! then they would steal my car[:@]
Old 11-05-2006, 08:04 PM

Yeah, I don't think there's a meth lab or anything like that going on there. I was in the spot where he was just a couple weeks earlier and there was nothing but woods and a field there. Plus, he'd have to walk rightby a few people's houses to get there. And this is an active area........there are people walking on the trail I was all the time. With how many people go out there, I especially don't think he'd be doing this on a Saturday at around noon. There are even more people out there than normal now because rifle season opens this Friday so there are tons of people scouting out spots for it. And I got a pretty clear view of him and the surroundings and he didn't have anything with him or anything around him. I'm not sure why he was hiding, but I just have this feeling that it wasn't for anything bad.

Oh and I went back there today(after I read these posts), but don't worry, there were like 8 people on 4-wheelers just behind me. And I took the binoculars and glassed the area he was in and there was nothing there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.