Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Buck Down

Old 11-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Big Buck Down

Well guys, I took the day off and I'm glad I did. I was walking to my stand and there isn't any good way to get there without bumping deer. So, of course, I bump 3 deer getting to my stand. Thought, oh great. Well get in the stand and a little 8 pt. came behind me right at sunrise and his silhouette was awesome. I grunted at him just to play around with him. Hejumped the fence and made his way past me. Then I turn around and notice a pine trees branches moving but there wasn't any wind! This guy was making a scrape and licking on his licking branch. I can't even remember if I grunted at him. I was trying to find my binoculars but he made a b-line right to my stand not using any of the trails either. He jumped every tree that has fallen down and was 10 yards from my stand. I already had bow in hand and was a full draw. I waited for him to get by a little tree and I released...arrow flew and he just stood there. I thought what the hell..I just missed at 10 yds. No way. I try to re-nock an arrow but he just kinda trots off. I get out the binoculars and notice about 50 yds away a light colored shape and I think it was him. I get down..bump two more deer getting out of stand and try to find my arrow. Blood covered! Relief. Boy was I happy when I got to him. Went threw both lungs and nicked the bottom of his heart! He is a main frame 10 with scorable stickers. Already at the taxidermy. I think he is roughly 140-145. What do you guys think? Good luck.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:08 PM

Default RE: Big Buck Down

REALLY nice buck...cant get one more perfect than that! i hope your gonna get him mounted to enjoy him forever!

i hope i see one that nice tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Spike

That is an AWESOME deer. Way to go! I love the spread...do you have a measurement on the inside spread?

Congrats!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Spike

Great job!!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Great deer! Nice wide rack! Congrats!
Typical Buck

We were estimating his spread to about 22 inches. Thumb to middle finger twice with a couple of inches to spare. I'l have him scored and let you guys know.
Giant Nontypical

Great story and a great buck as well , he might score 152 + awesome rack congrats.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome buck congrats!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking buck!! Congrats!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

congrats great buck

Quick Reply: Big Buck Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.