Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa buck

Old 11-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pa buck

when out monday evening to a spot that had always had a small buck come through every single year and hoped to get a look at one and put my father-in-law or my dad on to it. they just want to shoot any legal buck. on my way in i found two scrapes that were fresh with urine and only 10yrds apart one wasin my shooting lane, i dropped some doe estrous in them and hung a drag rag in a tree in front of me. i walked a little more and some deer kicked up right by my tree and i didnt get to see what they were. i could smell the estrous scent blowing toward me and into the pines behind me.30minutes after getting up my tree i heard sticks breaking and thought someone was walking in the thick pines, about ten minutes later i saw this buck come out heading right by my old tree that hasnt worked out in the last three years. i grunted and bleated and he didnt seem to look my way just kept walking. then i waited to see him come out on the other side of this tree in front of me but he didnt. then i could see his shadow coming towards me and i leaned my head and i could see he was coming right at me. the only open area was to the right of the tree that was in my way (split tree i was in) so i set-up to shoot him there but instead he walks through super thick pickers to the left and i have to do the old get around the tree without nocking the arrow off. and i just had this wide open broadside shot only opening in the tick stuff at 45yrds. i drew and my quiver was touching the tree so i leaned out and took my time but i guess i actually leaned back in and my quiver hit the tree making me shoot left and the arrow in in front of the shoulder hes legs went up and he ran ten yards and stopped i knew i hit him but started to think it wasnt fatal and figured i better take this shot and fired a second arrow but it hit a branch and went under him. he ran kinda back to me a little and i could see blood on his chest and legs then he went straight away from me a layed down. about an hour of watching him loose it but then get it together was all i could take and i called my dad and asked if he thought i should try to get down and stalk for another shot but then he tried to get up and it took him about ten trys then he fell then did it again and face planted then when i was getting ready to leave and come back later he got up and walked over a nole like he was just fine. i waited a few hours and nervously came back. he was dead right over the nole.9pt 15" spread and 150lbs dressed, i was happy to take him.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa buck

my picture is small and blurred my face but for some reason i kept getting a message that it was to big until i squished to this size. how do i post a bigger pic?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:36 PM

very nice lookin deer congrats on the kill nice story as well.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aweosme buck, way to go!!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. Great Buck.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:03 AM

Nice buck
Old 11-03-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

awesome deer. good story!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

great looking buck
Old 11-03-2006, 06:20 AM

congrats, thats a nice buck!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't worry about it the deer's face isn't blurry. Looks like a really nice buck.

Quick Reply: Pa buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.