Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Buck Down!

Old 11-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default PA Buck Down!

What a great hunt. About 9 o'clock I caught a deer moving through some pines off to my side. I had decided earlier in the day to hold out for a buck but when I saw the size of that doe, I changed my mind. But I once again changed my mind when I noticed her mouth hanging open, breathing heavily. I just knew there was a buck behind her. She passed by at about 40yds and stopped behind some pines. It wasnt a minute later when I caught movement from down below again. As soon as I saw it was a buck, I hit the "can" call to see if I could get him a little closer.While this was going on, that doe was caughing up a lung it really sounded like a person caughing. Anyway the "can" worked like a charm and he turned slightly which ended up bringing him a little over 30yds. I had one small opening that he was gonna pass through and as soon as he stepped into it I grunted with my mouth and stopped him. When I released, my string hit my sleeve due to me being in a weird position. This caused me to hit him back alot farther that I planned on but luckily I hit an artery and he fell over after about 50yds. As I was doing my happy dance in my treestand I heard a grunt coming from down below me. Turned out to be a real nice 4-point. He was following the same path as the doe but when I hit the "can" he ran to the bottom of my tree just like they do on tv. It was great. Not to bad for a day on PA public land.

Zach

Old 11-02-2006, 07:34 PM

Default RE: PA Buck Down!

Congrats!
Great story
Old 11-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome congrats on a nice pa buck!!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

From one Pa bowhunter to another congrats. That was a good story and a nice pic.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:38 PM

Congratulations on the buck, it sounds like it was a great hunt, I was hoping for the same this morning, I had a dow and button come in at 9 o clock, and I waited for a half hour hoping a buck would be tagging along behind, but he never showed, Its close though.congrats again!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:39 PM

Awsome, congrats on a nice buck. The bucks are really on the cruise. Even though I am tagged out, I am hoping to get out and video my best-friend next week. I am hoping to get him on one of the bruisers in the area!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

Nice Buck. Congrats. Cool story
Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck, congrats.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Job Zach! Congrats!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go! Good score for the team! I've been trying, just no luck my way yet

Quick Reply: PA Buck Down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.