Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Primos Can

Old 11-02-2006, 07:29 PM

Default The Primos Can

Well I finally bought theCan,The Great Big Can by Primos. Been a long time comming.
Though i have some ?'s.
How often should the can be tipped, and at what intervals ?
Havea lot of activity on my property the last week but seems to be nocturnal or while i'm at work.
I don't want over do it with the call if thats possible .
Thanks
Bill
Old 11-02-2006, 07:42 PM

Default RE: The Primos Can

I tip mine a couple or three times about every 30-40 minutes or if I see a Buck that isn't already headed my way
Old 11-02-2006, 07:45 PM

I'm just curious why you got the big can instead of the original can. I just bought the original can today because I honestly didn't think the big can was noticably louder and felt it would just take up extra room in my belt pack. I'd love to get some input from those who have owned both.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

The big can is good for long distances or on windy days!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:55 PM

long distances and windy days, yah I know that's what the claim is, but does that really hold up? or just hype to sell another product?
Old 11-02-2006, 08:04 PM

bagem , the reason i got the big can is because out of the 4 stops i looked ,thats all that was availible even atGander mtn. I was hopeing to find both so i could try them and see what the differnce was.
Though it still sounds like the little mow can toy that was around years ago.
Bill
Old 11-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

I have all three.li'lcan doe bleat, original can doe in estrus, and the big can. Though the big can seems a little louder I have never taken it out yet. I sure should of had it this afternoon, very windy and cold..[:@] I would like to say I have killed deer as a direct result of these two can calls. They work great!!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:51 PM

Bill, I'm sure the big can will do the job for you, but honestly I stood there at Gander this afternoon with the big can in one hand and the original in the other and took turns turning them over for several minutes and I didn't think one was any louder than the other. The big can had a little lower pitch, which may travel farther in windy conditions. Maybe, maybe not. I choose the original simply because it was smaller for my hip pack, and a dollar cheaper. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

One tip for the can -

When the deer are close or on a quiet morning keep the can in your coat pocket when you roll it over. These things can be very loud sometimes when the woods are quiet - sometimes too loud!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the info. Hope to get out there this weekend got some snow today may have changed there pattern, will find out in the morning.
Thanks again .
Bill

Quick Reply: The Primos Can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.