Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Interesting night tonight >

Interesting night tonight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting night tonight

Old 10-31-2006, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Interesting night tonight

HHHHHHMMMMMM, I think Insane would be a very good assessment. J/K. Man, bucks like that are VERY few and far between around here. Heck yes , I'd call you crazy......... But I guess it would be crazy like a fox, knowing the kind of deer you have on you up there.

I may not agree, and I don't have to like it, but I will damn sure respect you guys for passing on those type deer. But if you ever decide you need some herd thinning done, but you just can't lower your standards and shoot them, THEN CALL ME,CAUSEI HAVE NO SHAME...........LOL

Good luck on your quest.

May the deer Gods smile down upon you.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very, very cool, Greg... I look forward to hearing about you wrapping your tag around the one you want!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can only imagine what your trophy room looks like if you let bucks like that pass! You da man. I hope you get him..... next year!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I respect your discipline.Good luck!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Man Greg, I don't know how you do it. a friend of mine who is very lucky to bring home a nice buck every year says he is always gonna let the 120's and 130's walk. he has killed about 6 of them already, seems he just can't bring himself to do it when the moment arrives. My hat is off to you,setting goals is one thing, but being able to accept the fact that you might not score and end up with an empty tag really says a lot about you. I HOPE YOU BAG THAT MONSTER!!! Sounds like you really deserve it.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

I'm afraid that one would've gone home with me....if I could've quit shakin' long enuff to shoot him! Nice deer and I admire your setting goals and standards. I hope to be doing the same thing someday!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now thats a good evening! Its hard for me to pass up a 130 class 8pt, He!!, what am I talking about, Im not passing up a 130 class 8pt I dont care what state Im hunting in! Hats off to you Greg, and good luck on your 140+ Quest!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

You show a real commitment to your self-inflicted (for lack of a better term) goals! I would have had to take him. In my area he'd be the biggest guy out there.
My evening wasn't a good as yours. I got to watch a really cool little six pointer start making a scrape where I'd put out some of my extra stinky Knight and Hale estrous doe piss (that stuff smells so bad!). He hung out for a long time and keep looking back into the hardwoods. I was hoping that the big boy was coming behind him. It never did, and about ten minutes after my little friend left I heard a shot ring out in the direction he left in. Poachers piss me off. And I'm pretty sure that is what it was. Not many people sight in their rifles at dusk and only use one shot. So he's probably a goner...
Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

Great hunt!! I am usually the same way...in terms of letting the 130" walk for next year. Fortunately for me, I usually have a few nice bucks to choose from every year, so I can be a little choosy. If I didn't see the 130" deer every year, it would be really hard to pass him up though!! Keep hunting my friend!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome display of discipline Greg. I need to buy land in the midwest,discipline around here is letting does walk so you can get a shot at a forkhorn[]

Quick Reply: Interesting night tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.