HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Look at the shot this dip "kid" made!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/162496-look-shot-dip-kid-made.html)

Whitey5196 10-30-2006 05:09 PM

Look at the shot this dip "kid" made!!

Take a look at this shot does anyone else feel this is unethicle?
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=119515&threadid=1011144

Gadeerslayer 10-30-2006 05:12 PM

RE: Look at the shot this dip Sh!# made!!

Did anyone notice that this deer looks like a young fawn without's it's spots ? Oh yea, I would never ever take a shot like that. Not even with a rifle at 20 yds.

MO_Bowhnter 10-30-2006 05:18 PM

I wouldn't take a head shot. Why not wait for it to turn and shoot it in the vitals rather than send an arrow flying at its head. He wanted a challenge??? Well how bout putting it through the heart...that's alot smaller target than the head.

DROCK 10-30-2006 05:18 PM

yeah that kid is a tool. That is why i love this site...you wouldn't have someone on here brag about shooting a deer like thaton purpose and never have fellow members compliment him...he's not a hunter. Makes me sick[:@]

hollywoodvx 10-30-2006 05:18 PM

I hunt for meat so I am not picky but that deer is way to small plus I don't know how he put an arrow though there and say it was a complete pass though? I would never atempt that shot and don't agree with anyone who would. My dad taught me discipline while hunting and that to me is a complete lack of discipline in my book.

hillbillyhunter1 10-30-2006 05:26 PM

you're reply on the post (from the other website) is the only valid one there whitey (I assume that was you also). It would probably be best for someone like you (someone with the RIGHT attitude, that is:)) to just spend time on this great site,where you can converse with real hunters, insteadof that place

Whitey5196 10-30-2006 05:29 PM

Yeah that was me. That is the first "bad" post I've seen on that forum. There are alot of good guys on that site. It's mostly about beagles and rabbit hunting, another one of my passions.

Whitey5196 10-30-2006 05:32 PM

I about fell outta my chair when I saw that. I couldn't believe some one would be bragging about that.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-30-2006 05:34 PM

And don't forget the clowns that supported the shot...everyone should have been condemning it, not supporting it.

ABarOfSoap 10-30-2006 05:41 PM

BOOM, headshot..
sorry

Zdeerslayer 10-30-2006 05:42 PM

I cant believe he said he shot the deer just do get over with his season[:@], so he could go rabbit hunting. I love rabbit hunting but I wouldnt shoot a deer just for the heck of it to do something else.

huntndad 10-30-2006 05:42 PM

The truly sad thing is it was just a target to this kid. In reading all the posts there you can tell no one ever taught him any huntingethics. it's this kind of attitude that will probably get him into trouble later,and give the anti's more ammo. to use. I also read his post that he likes deer meat, withthat small of a deer what would you get 10 -15 pounds mabe. Myself I think I would have let it grow up some.

MILLERTIME10 10-30-2006 05:48 PM

The thing that got me is that it didn't kill him instantly. He didn't hit it in the brain, he luckily caught the wind pipe and maybe an artery. He said it ran for 60 yards.

Wow, I don't care how good of a shot you are, or think you are, one or two inches to either side, and you have yourself an injured deer that could suffer for weeks before expiring. No matter how good you are, a deer can react a lot faster than an arrow can fly. My opinion.

moose1915 10-30-2006 05:54 PM

kids' a dick!

MrBill 10-30-2006 06:00 PM

Seems as though archery is not challanging enough for this kid and it also conflicks with other interest's .If thats the case then Why did he even take up achery to begin with.SAD :(
There obviously no ETHIC'S in that family or that forum . Not a place for me ,
i'll stick with HNI
Bill

monster10rackstack 10-30-2006 06:03 PM

wow thats a great example of stupidity

TFOX 10-30-2006 06:04 PM

You can tell he isn't being taught ethics when he is talking about all the deer that the people in his family are missing in just 1 hunt(3).We all miss from time to time but it shouldn't be the norm.

They thought he couldn't get a passthrough with modern equipment.This really shows their ignorance.

The problem is he absolutely doesn't understand what he did wrong.He doesn't understand if he had missed 2" low that this deer would have been shot through the snout and would have starved untill he died.Coyotes would most likely have gotten it before that happened and strange to say but that would be the best thing that could havehappened if that happened.

drstalker 10-30-2006 06:13 PM

Pretty dumb!That boy needs to get some learning,and humble himself too.It'l happen soon enough I'm sure.

LeftyBuckmaster 10-30-2006 06:26 PM

this just disgusts me as a teenager to see a fellow young hunter do this to a deer just makes me sick people in my area have shot deer that the bottom of their jaw was broke off from someone trying to get a head shot or something luckily they killed them before the thing starved to death and went to waste i have only hunted for four years and have shot a deer every year i have only taken one shot that was not 100% almost guaranteed to kill a deer and it was on a drive with a 12 gauge so almost any hit would have caused the deer to expire with little suffering i have hunted with my neighbor these past years and he has taught me alot with ethics and shot placement and what to do when and where and this year i put up my own stand by myself after picking the location and such myself and was successful and took a doe which was my first harves with a compound bow and it may have been a doe but it made me proud to harvest her because i did everything by myself this year and made a shot that is gonna get about as good as it gets with a double lung and i also hit the aortic artery which im sure she ran no further that what this kids deer did and she crashed over as soon as she hit the cornfield im proud of the shot i made and would never choose to take a head shot or a spine shot if given the chance it just isnt ethical 1/2 in. can make the difference between mortal wounds and a wounded deer that you may never find

bhensley 10-30-2006 06:27 PM

What a dip $hi!. His post and response even prove how ignorant he is. He shoves his foot in his mouth here.

Huntin54 "I thought i would miss too because of how far it was for that shot at a little deer. But wham right were i was aiming. It ran about 60yds and my uncle saw it fall over. "

Huntin54 response to Whitey "I practice alot with my bow and i'm very confident with it. Thats why i took the shot i knew i could make it.

Monie 10-30-2006 06:28 PM

RE: Look at the shot this dip "kid" made!!

Someone really needs to set that kid straight. He NEVER should have taken that shot. If he wants to show off, he should do it elsewhere.

Whitey5196 10-30-2006 06:42 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have to defend the forum though. It is a place where alot of good people visit. Like they say one bad apple spoils the bunch.

rxdocal 10-30-2006 06:47 PM

don't have a problem with the size of the deer . . . huge problem with the shot selection though . . . a shame the kid hasn't been taught better

SIDEWAYS 10-30-2006 07:06 PM

Whitey, kudos to you.
I am glad someone on that site had the balls to tell the kid like it is.
That picture andpost would have gotten blown out of the water on this site.

kshunter 10-30-2006 07:19 PM

Crazy... I've seen a shot like that, on accident before... But never intentionally. I couldn't imagine someone attempting the shot, for a challenge... That's what the 3D range is for.

mbhutton 10-30-2006 07:19 PM

and thats why hunting has a bad name..

BTBowhunter 10-30-2006 07:21 PM

That kid needs slapped!![:'(]

darian1998 10-30-2006 07:51 PM

2 observations.

1. fawns in illinois are born bigger than that kids deer. I would be proud of killing that (in a ethical way) if it was my first with a bow. But that is one tiny deer.

2.his response to whitey was that of an immature kid. what in the heck was that kid thinking?

scsohunter 10-30-2006 07:52 PM

What I cant believe is that whitey is really the only one who stood against it. the rest of the idiots were supporting him. Like whitey said, its people like those who give us a bad name.

kwaldeier 10-30-2006 08:01 PM

this kid needs to be taught a lesson in ethics, 1. you should respect your elders(not that ur old whitey:D)and learn a thing or two when hetellsyouhis opinionso that the next time ur out in the woods you will do the RIGHT thing and take a good shot 2. he shouldnt be so sure of himself because there is alot of very skilled archers out there that could have made that shot easily but SMARTLY decided against it 3.i agree with the comment that he made about himself "For anyone else that wants to see how much of an ass i am for taking this shot check it out. " and he deserves all the critism he is getting

BTBowhunter 10-30-2006 08:15 PM

I registered and signed on just to back whitey up on this. I cant beleive all those members were encouraging that idiotic shot.

moose1915 10-30-2006 08:25 PM

reading his latest reply, i'd really enjoy letting my 12 year old slap the living $hit out of him.

kwaldeier 10-30-2006 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: moose1915

reading his latest reply, i'd really enjoy letting my 12 year old slap the living $hit out of him.
LMAO nice....

BigE54 10-30-2006 08:43 PM

Maybe he'll eventually grow up. At least i hope so...

PSEarcher149 10-30-2006 08:57 PM

I just registered and posted my feelings on there too.

kwaldeier 10-30-2006 09:02 PM

im gunna if it ever lets me register[:@]

B Bass 10-30-2006 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: PSEarcher149

I just registered and posted my feelings on there too.
I believe I will do the same.

nebraskabuckhunter 10-31-2006 01:41 AM

well i would never shoot a deer in the head like that i think it just isnt right no way would i tell him good job.

Doug S 10-31-2006 04:01 AM

He obviously hasn't been taught what hunting is all about and likely won't. Anyone can miss but they took 4 shots, three misses and one head shot, all things considered that's pretty poor and the head shot just makes it worse.

I wish I could find the picture, my largest buck had a crossbow bolt (broken off) stuck under it's eye and down into the neck, it was so infected I couldn't get all of the lungs out and the meat was ruined. I was pissed and at the same time happy that I ended it for that big guy.

Doug

kkleist 10-31-2006 04:08 AM

luck shot!