Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bibs and Coveralls Question >

Bibs and Coveralls Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bibs and Coveralls Question

Old 10-30-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Bibs and Coveralls Question

I was looking to buy either a pair of coveralls or bibs and was wondering which one of these most people preferred and why. I am planning on buying one with thinsulate or something to keep me warm without all the bulk and was curious as to if any of yall had any reomendations on a certain brand. i am not ooking for the cheapest nor the most expensive. thanks for any help.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:05 PM

Default RE: Bibs and Coveralls Question

I bought a pair of Dickie Bibs in camo this offseason and so far I love them.....very warm and quiet.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

I bibs and a parka by Walls. Insulated, waterproof and windproof. I hunt in them when temps are in the single digits.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:24 PM

I have used both and I prefer the bibs and a jacket over the coveralls. I just wear the bibs while I am walking in a setting up so I don't get overheated. Then when I am in the stand, I will put on my jacket after I cool down for a bit. With the coveralls, I was dripping wet.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I layer, but like cover-alls better than bibs. I've found that both are too warm for walking long distances. I put them in my pack until I'm on the stand. But if it's cold out I'll put them on as soon as I'm going into the woods and just walk slower or unzip if I get warm, or take off your hat. On the really cold days is when I've noticed the biggest difference. The jacket and bibs let cold more cold air in during periods of wind. But, that is just my opinion!
Good luck.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

I have used both and I prefer the bibs and a jacket over the coveralls. I just wear the bibs while I am walking in a setting up so I don't get overheated. Then when I am in the stand, I will put on my jacket after I cool down for a bit. With the coveralls, I was dripping wet.
Ditto!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear bibs for every season. I like the extra pockets. For turkey season I wear lighter bibs because when I sit down I like my lower back being covered and staying away from the wet grass and brush.

Tom
Old 10-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also wear bibs. Ilike to be able to peel off layers if I get too warm. Also, I use bibs as kind of a clothing retainer, meaning that I put everything under them, then fasten the bibs, so that nothing is baggy in front and could hit my string. I really like my Cabela's Late Season Bibs, not expensive and very warm.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:28 PM

Rivers West has a newer line that is pretty inovative. Warm, water proof, quiet, wind resistant etc. www.riverswest.com
Old 10-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out this stuff www.rutwear.com

I just bought some and haven't had a chance to use it yet but it is really cool stuff.I got the bibs and the 3-1 Parka.

Quick Reply: Bibs and Coveralls Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.