Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Learned a ton today >

Learned a ton today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Learned a ton today

Old 10-29-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Learned a ton today

Today, went out at 3 30 didnt see anything till 4 40 when the squirrels started goin nuts. I wait and about 10 minutes later a black cat runs about 40 yards from me and goes in a bean and corn fence line. Its out there for about 30 minutes then it come in the woods. I asked the guy if i was hunting with if i could shoot it, on the walkie talkie. he says no and it goes over by him. 5 minutes pass and i look over at him and he is standing up. i look at where he is lookin and i see a white rack. i stand up and keep watching. he shoots and i hear a loud crack and the buck takes off towards me. It stops 10 yards in front of me and looks back at him. I pull back when the buck looks at me. I look through my peep sight which was twisted and i see brown so i let it go.The deer takes off and i can barely wait to get out of the stand. I get down and look and nothing is on the arrow and the guy i was with didnt find anything on his arrow but his arrow was broke. This is my 1st time in 3 years of bowhunting getting a shot and my 1st shot had to be on the biggest buck i have ever seen while hunting.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Learned a ton today

So what did you learn?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

????? Am i the only one confused??
Old 10-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why shoot a cat? It might be someones pet. Are walkie talkies legal in your neck of the woods. What did you learn? Oh, I almost forgot, nice shooting to the both of you.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:41 PM

learned not to shoot at things because u never know when the big boy is gonna come out. also that u dont have to shoot something to be a successful hunt. i am so pumped even tho i missed. this is only my 3rd shot in 4 years of hunting with a bow and a gun.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:44 PM

Well Sounds like you guys need to go to the target range! I didn't think walkie talkies were legal anywhere. And why would you shoot a cat? At 4:40 in the heat of the hunt?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:46 PM

So...

You watched your friend take a shot at a deer.

You don't know whether he hit it or not.

And when it runs to you, you take a shot at it too?

Who would have claimed the deer if you'd both hit it?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The part that bothered me was "saw brown and let it go". There is a lot of brown on a deer.

Walkie talkies illegal? Where is this? I never heard of that.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:50 PM

IDK the people i was with gave the walkie talkie to me. and the brown i say was where all the hair meets at the chest of the deer. everyone seems to be rippin on me
Old 10-29-2006, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: isatarak

The part that bothered me was "saw brown and let it go". There is a lot of brown on a deer.

Walkie talkies illegal? Where is this? I never heard of that.
Its not that they're illegal tohave, but you can't hunt with them on.

Like you can't get on the radio and say "Ok, Bob, you've got deer coming your way, get ready."

Quick Reply: Learned a ton today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.