Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Deer gods must hate me!!! >

The Deer gods must hate me!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Deer gods must hate me!!!

Old 10-29-2006, 06:49 AM

Default The Deer gods must hate me!!!

So this weekend i have finally been able to hunt the AM hours. Well yesterday i had a doe followed by a forker. Took a shot at the forker and missed. He was only at 20 and I shot high. My mistake. Than this morning I had a button buck come in. He had an arrow sticking out of his back. The arrow was above and a little behind the vitals and parrallel to the ground, I think"NO mans land" So i figured it would not be a huge trophy for a first bow kill but I thought it was the right thing to do. So i took the shot, 15 yards quartering away. I hear a loud crack noise and the deer books it. I thought it was the perfect shot. So i get down after about 45 minutes and go to get my arrow, which i can see from the stand. Well no blood, but on the broadhead ishalf of an arrow. The onethat was sticking out of the deer. Thats just not fair!!!!

So i decided to leave as the goose hunters were starting to get some shots off and scare everything away.

Well i will be out again to night.

Sorry for the vent
Pines
Old 10-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The Deer gods must hate me!!!

So you hit the other arrow? What are the odds of that? If that is what you meant, at least you go the arrow out of the deer so it'll heal.