Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 He Broke Two of my Arrows. (pics) >

He Broke Two of my Arrows. (pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

He Broke Two of my Arrows. (pics)

Old 10-27-2006, 08:54 PM

Default RE: He Broke Two of my Arrows. (pics)

Gotta love the semi-sneek look, what are you having done with the ears? Are they gonna be laid back or proped up like he just heard something?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's where I trust the artistic ability of my taxidermist. He'll take care of me and I like alittle element of surprise.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:00 PM

I know exactly what you are saying Mobowhntr. I was very excited myself today, so much so that I have become even more obsessed in my search for a Buck this year. Thanks a lot Rob! Buck fever is deffinitly contagious.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Keep that excitement mobowhntr, you to PA Hardwoods.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob,

Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply until now; I've been on the go something awful the last couple days around here... I saw his pics sometime today for a sec, but wanted to have a chance to read your story before I replied.

It sounds as if you had an awesome, thrilling hunt -- and though he's a bit smaller than you may have liked (aren't they all? ), it was indeed a great experience.

And I do know what you mean about picking the wrong stand; believe it or not, that's why I often hunt the same stand site on consecutive days. It goes agains the conventional grain, but such noted hunters as Bill Winke and Don Higgins (author of Hunting Trophy Whitetails in the Real World) are advocates of the philosophy.

Again, congratulations on your '06 buck! Have you thought about a European mount? I've got one this year that I don't feel qualifies for a full shoulder mount, but I think those "tweeners" are awesome candidates for Euro mounts. (Sorry if you've said something about that in the previous ten pages; I read your post and replied without going through all of them... )
Old 10-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL Greg, thanks so much and yup, he's already caped and in the taxidermists cooler. What the heck, tons of log home wall space to fill, not to mention I'm finishing off my basement, more walls and let's not forget to mention the archery shop room...more wall space. Heck I need more states to hunt. I do get to spend a couple days with SBGobbler in NC in a couple weeks. I have all this time off and he invited me down so I'm headed out. Maybe I can score number another, "mounter".
Old 10-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Rob! I'm in the same boat as you, I always seem to pick the wrong stand to hunt as well. I just got an invite to hunt an area in Northern South Dakota a few weeks ago that is the "Iowa" in this state. I'm pumped as soon as I get some free time next week I will be there!

Way to go on a great animal, and its awesome that the better half gave her blessing!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrtas Rob, glad it finally paid off for you after all the stand jumping.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations Rob! Great buck and great story! I don't think I would ever set two stands from which I could see the other.It would just hack me off to see nice animals in range of a stand I could be in.I know different winds,different stands,but it doesn't seem like the deer in your spot were following that plan.
If we were ever to hunt together I would insist that you have first choice of stand site's.Congratulations again!
Old 10-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys,

good stuff and tsoc, yeah, that would be the right choice for ya...lol

Quick Reply: He Broke Two of my Arrows. (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.