Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do?

Old 10-26-2006, 04:42 PM

Default What to do?

So i have my stand hung and its in a good spot. All i ever see there is does. I went out scouting a new way in seein as soon it will be time to drag some scents. Well i found a great area with buck rubs all over. Thing is I hunt the milwaukee metro unit of Wi. Well in the town where i am there are shooting permits one must get. The rule is 300 feet from the neighbors property line. Well i found a tree if i want to put up a climber. Its ina legal spot by a long ways, but i also found a camera on a tree. The camera is close to the road just like this spot. Probably only 100 yards in the woods--or less. So here is the other thing the farm is about 80 acres woods and my brother and i are the only ones with permission to the land. So the question is...

Do i keep my stand as it and see what happens as the rut is comin on? -- Where the does go the bucks go.

And what do i do about the camera? Its easy access for someone to just walk in and put it out. I already called the farmer to see if he knows.

Thanks
Pines
Old 10-26-2006, 05:28 PM

Default RE: What to do?

If you are near a food source, stay put. Does go to food, and bucks go to does.

As for the other, just finding a camera do not mean anything. I would not mess with it. If anything You might leave a note asking the owner to contact you, as long as you have the blessings of the land owner. Just talking to that person might get everything straightened out.

God bless